twenty-nine

(im actually so sorry that I can never keep up with this book, i also have no idea where it's going so love that for me. hope you enjoy reading!) 

I could almost fall asleep, that's how relaxed I am in Colby's arms. Sadly, however, every good thing comes to an end.

He released me from his grasp and look at my face just scanning all over, "Are you okay Brooklyn?" He asked me.

"I guess I am now. I'm sorry, I don't know what happened," I said sheepishly.

"You don't have to be sorry, none of that was your fault. Did you see something?" I nodded, "You wanna talk about it for a second?" He asked kindly.

"Yeah, but not in here," he said okay and we both got up from off the floor. 

"I'm going to tell Sam and Amanda where we're going, I'll meet you outside," he turned around to go inform them but I grabbed his wrist before he could leave.

"I don't want to be alone," his face softened for a second but it was noticeable. He smiled but his smile was filled with pity. I don't want to be pitied, I'm not a baby. 

I'm being too sensitive, it wasn't real anyways, just my imagination.

"Nevermind, go tell them, I'll be outside." I dropped his wrist and went toward the door. Was I scared? Yes, obviously, but I wasn't going to let some silly "vision" of mine ruin tonight like it has the past couple of days. 

I sat on the concrete steps before hearing the door open, "Hey, does fresh air help at all?" He questioned to which I shook my head.

"Everywhere feels the same, it's like no escaping it," he laughed, what was funny?

"Sorry," he cleared his throat, "You just sounded like something I would tweet," I smiled and shook my head, he's such a bozo sometimes. It's fun though, no one could really be upset around Colby because he'd just switch their mood in an instant. "Okay, let's talk, start from the beginning and I'll tell you what I saw and heard," said Colby. Heard?

"Uhm okay, when you guys started the Estes method I went to go look for the girls because I knew they weren't in the house. I went outside to see if the car was there and it wasn't so I just started walking back to you guys. That's when things went bad, the family room was empty, I called out to you guys with no answer and I just got freaked out. Here's the scary part, hella voices started to whisper into my ears and I think something scratched me," I stood up and pulled up my shirt a little bit for Colby to determine if there was a scratch or not.

"Damn, they got you good," He said then rubbed his finger across the mark.

"Don't touch it dickhead! That hurt!" I whined. He laughed and apologized to me. "Okay, your turn, what happen while I was on cloud nine?" I asked.

"Would you call it cloud nine?" Colby asked.

"Yes, it was an unreal fuzzy moment," I said.

"What if it wasn't fake?" He questioned. I asked him what he meant by that, "During the uh, Estes method we got really weird results, and I think we picked up your voice. Wait here, I'm gonna go get the camera," he said quickly before taking off. 

It couldn't be real, that doesn't even make sense.

Colby sat back down and handed me the camera like I know what to do with this thing. I've only ever held a camera once and that was like a day ago. "Here, I'll play it," Colby snickered as I looked at the buttons to press play.

Camera footage:

"You ready?" Colby tested, not receiving an answer since Sam couldn't hear him.

"Help" Sam said immediately.

"Who are you? How can we help?" Colby asked.

"You need to go"

"Go where?"

"Home"

"Not until you give us answers"

"Brooklyn"

"Oh shit, where did Brooklyn go?" Questioned Colby.

"I think she-" Amanda tried to say before getting cut off.

"Leave me alone"  Sam threw off the headphones as well as the blindfold.

"I just heard Brooklyn's voice," he looked terrified. Sam turned his head toward where I was sitting and went wide-eyed. "Where did she go? Did you guys see her leave?" He asked frantically.

"We did, but we don't know where she went!" 

"Why aren't you guys looking for her then?!" Sam yelled then got up. 

"Wait Sam be quiet," Colby held up his fingers and put on the headphones.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"

The shout was so loud through the headphones the camera even caught it. Colby's eyes went completely wide knowing it was my voice. 

The was a big thump in the corner of the room, all of their heads shot toward it seeing me.

"How the fuck did she get there?!" Amanda yelled, Colby put his finger to his lips hearing me whimper.

End of camera footage:

"What the fuck?" I said.

"You just got up and walked somewhere we had no idea where you went."

"I wanted to make sure the girls were okay," he nodded and turned off the camera.

"Look, we're going to leave as soon as possible. I don't want you here any longer though, whoever or whatever haunts this place is obviously out to get you and I can't have that happening. I'm going to call the girls and they're going to come and pick you up, okay?" I shook my head. I love that he cares but I want to be here. I could be able to protect them, and there's still the basement. I know for a fact that they're going to go down there and I want to be here just in case something bad happens.

Maybe I make bad things happen. Should I leave?

_______________________________________________________________________________

I already know this chapter sucks, sorry :/