thirteen

"Why don't we start the Estes method?" Suggested Sam. I was confused about why he wanted to do that after seeing a ghost demon thing.

"Babe, really? After that?" I nodded while pointing to Katrina agreeing with her. 

"Leave him alone, you know he loves demons up his ass." We all laughed at Lexie's comment as Sam shook his head smiling. 

"If we're going to be ghost hunters then we need to stop being a whole bunch of pussies!" Colby exclaimed while sticking his pointer finger in my face. 

"Says the one that pisses themselves over a knock," I said shoving it away from me. 

"You did not have to go there!" He gasped and clutched his chest in the fake offense. 

"Well I did, I called out Colby Brock for being a pussy!" I said throwing up devil horns toward the camera.

"Bitch, I do this shit for a living," Colby said glaring at me.

"Dude, shut up let me have my moment!" I whined while lightly shoving him. 

"Y'all are getting aggressive," Amanda laughed.

"Brooklyn is very aggressive like literally, she will beat your ass. But, I doubt Mr, Robert Brock would let her knuckles get dirty." She mocked throwing her hands up and shaking them.

"Shut up, you're gonna summon him!" I whisper-yelled. She snickers and gets off of the beanbag he was sitting on. 

"We're doing the Estes method, yeah?" Sam nods.

"Then let me do it," she basically demands. Sam grins and hands her the equipment. 

"Is it scary?" She asked me before going under. I shook my head no just to make her feel more confident. Of course it's scary, it's literal fucking demons talking basically through you! But I wasn't going to tell her that, I want her to try something new. 

She inhaled deeply and then put the headphones on her ears. 

"Wow, it's loud!" She spoke a little too loudly. I thought people spoke loudly with headphones on, on purpose but you actually can't hear yourself and it's a little scary. 

"Old"

"Old what?" Sam asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Man"

"Under there"

"Under-" Colby started before I cut him off.

"Dude, these ghosts/demons are really immature." Amanda laughed at my comment, Colby made his mouth into an 'o' shaped realizing what he was about to do.

"You should've let him do it!" Kat whined. I smiled and shook my head. 

"Focus"

"Damn, shawty really likes us," I said.

"Stop"

"Listen"

We looked at each other confused before listening to what this thing had to say.

"Wall"

"In the back"

"Go"

"Now"

"Who are we speaking to?" Amanda asked sternly.

"Wall"

"Go to it, please"

"Where is this wall?" 

"I told you"

"Back"

"Oh, what if it's talking about the wall with the seven soldiers!" I realized.

"The one cory was talking about?" Asked Sam with his head tilted. I nodded and smiled because I was very proud of this.

"Let's go check it out!" He said as he clapped his hands.

"Woah, Samual. It's pitch black outside, and you want to go out there?!" Yelled Katrina.

"Yes, babe! It'll be fun, or at least Colby and I could go out there." Colby shrugged while also nodding his head. 

"Um, hello. I want to do it too!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Okay then you can come with us-" Colby finished his sentence but not even a second after we heard banging and grunting from the backyard. 

I quickly shook Lexie and told her to get up, we ran to the room that has a window view of the backyard. I saw something laying on the ground. It was dark outside but light enough to see a black lifeless body-like figure. I gasped and looked at Amanda, she looked at me confused.

"What?" She asked.

"What do you mean 'what' like girl, do you not see that shit?!" I whisper-yelled.

"No? Should I be seeing something?" I gave her a 'duh' look. I glanced back out the window and saw nothing there. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me, I mean this is pretty scary stuff.

"Brooklyn, do you still want to go to the back?" Colby asked placing his hand on the small of m back.

Do I? Well, I think I do. Maybe I can find out more stuff on whatever that thing was. 

"Yeah," I breathed out.

"Oh, I didn't expect that but okay," I turned to face Sam and Colby. Sam looked oddly excited while talking to Kat, she looked understandably pissed, and Colby he looked scared. I really think this is one of my first times seeing Colby scared. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hm?" He hummed in response of my actions. 

"Are you okay?" I questioned.

"Yea, it's just..." He trailed off.

"What Colby?"

"What did you see? By the wall." He asked. 

"Oh, it was nothing. Probably my mind playing tricks on me." He let out a shakey breath of relief and it look like that sigh took all his fear out of his body. He looked happy, excited like he couldn't wait to go into that backyard. 

"I'm glad that there's nothing out there, but please if you see something tell us. I beg you," He said, I laughed and held up my pinky. He locked it with mine and we waited for everyone to get ready.

Lexie is going to come out there with us while Kat, Amanda, and Stas stay in the house. I think another reason why I'm going is that I really don't like that energy inside the house. 

It almost feels heavy, like ten pounds weighted on top of me. But as soon as I step out of the door, I'm okay. I feel normal again. That's so weird.

________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if I'd call this a cliffhanger, but a girly got to get to school so...

I hate school!!!  But bro like I said I feel like I put too much dialogue and I don't know what to do about it.