twenty-six

The car ride has felt like a whole entirety, I know I dread going back to this house.  The feeling I get when I'm inside or even just around it is frightening.  

Am I scared, obviously, but will I keep up a mask for Sam and Colby? Of course. It's probably good content for the 'medium' to be scared just like the rest of the group, but if I tell them now they'll be worried as well. The girls would be quaking in their damn boots too scared to go back, well except for Amanda. The boys, that's a different situation. I feel they would be more concerned for my mental health more than their own, they would probably just go with the two of them and whoever else is willing to go.

It's not like I don't want to go back, but every time I get one of those 'visions' they make me terrified. I'm down with the whole ghost-hunting thing but I'd very much rather be a normal person doing it. I know some people would kill for the abilities Amanda and I have but being new to this is fucking scary. Yet, I still think it's cool as fuck. Shit, if I could scream "I can see ghosts mother fucker!" on a rooftop, I would. But then people would think I've gone mad so maybe not...

"The Conjuring part two, baby!" I heard Colby scream, zoning me out of my thoughts.

"I'm so glad I didn't sign a contract. At the end of this, I'm suing," Lexie joked, or at least I think she was.

"Shit, we should've made them sign a contract," Sam said to Colby with wide eyes. Colby laughed at him and hopped out of the driver's seat onto the gravel. As I was getting out I felt someone's hands on mine. I looked up at whoever grabbed my hands, but to my surprise, it wasn't one. Two people.

Colby and Robert. 

What the fawk?

Colby saw the confusion on my face and quickly pulled his hand back. Robert on the other hand, no pun intended, is very bold and helped me out of the car. I didn't know physical touch like this was a thing, I kinda like it...

"I'm sorry," Colby quickly said before walking away sheepishly.

"The boy's shy, he'll get over it. I used to be shy but since I'm dead then I ought to be at least a little bit more outgoing. What could happen? I'm already dead," Robert said while walking next to me. I smiled at him while nodding even though my head was going crazy.

"Anyways, I thought I should try to protect you, Brooklyn. Believe it or not, I've taken a liking to you," he whispered the last part. Scary but sweet. 

"Thank you. I really do appreciate your help, Robert." He smiled at me before turning his head back to the group.

"I must go now, I'll know when you might need me. Until then," he kissed me on the cheek, "I'll see you soon, miss."

Again, what the fawk?

"I don't think we explained this since we were all so drained but we had to leave the house last night. We're back though, hopefully, I don't come as close to shitting myself as I did last night," Sam explained to the camera. I snorted quietly while walking to the group.

"What were you doing?" Amanda asked in a whisper.

"I was talking to Robert, and he said he's going to do his best to protect me tonight," I replied.

"That's weird," she said to herself.

"Weird? Why is that weird?" I asked.

"I didn't see him but I was watching you most of the time," her voice sounded unsure, almost scared.

"Don't worry too much about it, that's all I can say because honestly, I have no clue why you can't see him," I said.

"Thanks," she laughed a bit.

We continued watching the boys talk to the camera for a minute or so before walking back into the house.

"I don't like it in here," Kat said with a slight whine in her voice. We talked to Cory, the owner, before getting the house to ourselves again. 

And we begin, The Conjuring part two...

________________________________________________________________________________

I just want to say thank you so much to everyone that has read the story up to here and voted, and everyone else that's read the story in general! I honestly never expected it to blow up like it is and I am so grateful. Not even gonna lie, I cried last night about it. This just makes me so happyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!