五 ғɪᴠᴇ 五

Chapter Five: Nichirin BladeW/C: 2652

W/C: 2652

Kanata sat on her heels, aiding to Miyake's sleeping body, he had a worrisome fever. The older sister gently held a cold rag on his forehead as they kept him warm with blankets.

Kiriya made sure to write a letter to his father on Miyake's condition, the boy wasn't sure Miyake was going to be able to see the final contestants this year.

Miyake loved seeing and greeting the new demon slayers, he offered them any advice and support he could. Without fail, he would bring "celebratory mochi" but he usually made too much so he would share with either Mitsuri-San or Shinobu and her two tsuguko's.

Miyake had a small scowl on his face, immediately uncomfortable with the fever, he stirred. Mostly just clenching his teeth and slacking his jaw, Miyake was surely alive.

"For a sick person, he definitely doesn't seem very tired..." Kiriya mentioned as he sent off Miyake's crow with a letter for Oyakata-Sama.

Kanata kept her smile, yet it was wavering on almost non-existent ice, "Hm. He was always like that when he was younger, Father told me that Miyake was always sick with a fever right before something extraordinary happened, or someone was saved using his breathing. He asked that I summon the blue butterfly."

"Hm. She does handle his sicknesses very often. However, it's almost as if Oji-San is being punished for saving them... was that contestant supposed to die?" Kiriya thought aloud, pointing to the contestant who had passed out and had yet to wake up.

"Perhaps."

Miyake jolted, his head to weak to lift itself, as he hazardously darted his eyes around, "아! 무슨 일이에요?! 내가 어디 있지?! 뭐?"

{(a! museun il-ieyo?! naega eodi issji?! mwo?) [Ah! What happened?! Where am I?! Huh?]}

Kiriya tilted his head to the side, his hair piece clinking slightly against itself, "Hmm? Miyake-Kun. What language are you speaking?"

Kanata rested her hand on Miyake's shoulder softly, rubbing it soothingly to try and ease his uneven and rigid breath, "It's okay Miyake-San... you are in the headquarters."

"W-What?" Miyake tried to sit up, his elbows were weak, he struggled against himself, "Wait... is it already over?! I can't remember a thing, what happened?"

Kanata grabbed the towel off of Miyake's head, using her hands to help keep him study as she rung out the towel and re-dipped it in the cold water, "Please lay back down, and place this on your head, I will explain to the best of my ability while the blue butterfly is on her way."

"Yes Kanata-San..."

*{Tanjiro}*

Tanjiro glanced around the wisteria littered mountain, sighing with a smile as he realized that he had finished the Final Selection.