二十二𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸二十二

Chapter Twenty-Two: Hashira MeetingW/C: 3297

W/C: 3297

(AN: includes slight mention of trigger's at the end, steers off the main plot here and dives further into Miyake's past, please don't be angry with me.)

"Nezuko's my younger sister! Though I don't know how it happened!" Tanjiro yelled.

"All humans are your family, you are to protect them, never hurt them."

A smiling face of Tanjuro (Miyake) sprung in her vision, "Nezuko is different."

"I will never hurt them!"

"She's... hugging him?"

"She refused Shinzugawa's blood!"

Miyake grinned at Nezuko, who shrunk and wrapped her arms around Miyake's forearm, she hugged him tightly and hummed in satisfaction.

"So.." Sanemi said, coughing out, he was going to continue before-

"So now Miyake-Kun can get off of Shinazugawa!"

Uzui deadpanned, shrugging, he pouted, "I wish the flamboyant Miyake-Sama would straddle me like that!"

Tanjiro broke out of the ropes before rushing forward to the patio, checking on both Miyake (who had gotten off of Sanemi) and Nezuko, who seemed to be having a lot of fun dangling on Miyake's arm.

Kagaya smiled, "What just happened?"

Hinaki spoke softly, "The demon girl ignored Shinazugawa, and hugged Miyake-Sama instead. She failed to attack either of them."

Kagaya smiled, "So now, it's been proven that Nezuko won't attack humans, right?"

Sanemi kissed his teeth, dusting off his uniforms in hopes of getting Miyake's scent off of him, the mere thought of Miyake holding so much power over him made him warm inside; he hated it.

"Tanjiro, I am sure that even after this, there are some who can't accept Nezuko. You must prove it to them starting now... that you and Nezuko can fight as Demon Slayers, that you can be useful." Kagaya spoke softly, Tanjiro's body moved on its own.

Tanjiro put his face into the ground, bowing to Kagaya, "What is this feeling? It's like I'm floating. His voice... Is it because of this man's voice that I'm feeling light in the head?"

Kagaya spoke once again, his voice fluid and gentle, "Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki. Do that, and you'll be accepted by all. And it will give more weight to your words."

Tanjiro sits up, the words of this calm and endearing man gave the young slayer a rush of confidence, "I...Nezuko and I will defeat Muzan Kibutsuji! Nezuko and I will do it for sure! Strike with the sword that will stop the chain of grief!"