Chapter 2

She Is Queen

Several weeks prior, to that bloody night, the King of Jamaica died from a terrible sickness, and those in line for the throne were either dead or forfeited the responsibility due to ongoing death threats.

The high officials of Jamaica did not want the throne either so they announced it would be open to anyone, of course, many wanted it, but very few were qualified candidates in the eyes of the officials.

So in order to rule out the criminals and low life of the nation, the high officials came up with a solution, each person that wanted the throne had to take several tests in four months.

One month was for knowledge, another for physicality, and one month was dedicated solely to decision-making. But the last and final month, was the most brutal, the 'Last Battle.' This test was to see if the future leader could lead his or her people out into war and come back from battle as champions.

In the beginning, there were hundreds of delegates who went through these tests, many of different colors, sizes, and beauty. But on the last day of last month, only sixteen delegates remained.

These sixteen fought each other in the ring, from morning until dusk when finally there was just one candidate left.

Like all the other challengers, a man dropped to the ground gasping for air, as his wounds bled out.

Standing over him a woman wiping off her bloodied sword on the fallen soldier's garment. Her eyes then roamed around the crowd. "Anyone else wants to challenge me? Whether you qualified through these few months of training or not I am willing to fight you here and now."

No one in this large crowd dared to even say anything, they all just stared at her in pure disbelief. This woman was battered with bruises yet her spirit was nothing short of fierceness and strength.

On seeing how confident she stood no one wished to challenge her, the woman then looked to the high officials most of them smiling at her including her uncle proudly.

"And so it is. On this day we have a new leader, a new monarch, Queen Asora," Her uncle announced, and as he bowed his head, so did everyone else.

Asora, fortunately, didn't openly recoil at how uncomfortable she felt with all these people bowing to her, so she focused on what the bowing was supposed to mean to her. From this day forward, she would be acknowledged as the First Queen of Jamaica.

And with that in mind, she stood taller and squared her shoulders.

She Is Queen.