Chapter 21

Wedding Preparations, I Love You's,

And Neediness

In one week, the Queen of Jamaica and the King of Korea were to be married, but there were numerous tasks and conversations that took place in preparation for their union.

One delightful aspect of the preparations involved the famous Jamaican rum cake, a delectable treat that Queen Asora simply adored. Her people and the natives of Joseon were aware of her love for the cake and were determined to keep it a secret from her until the wedding day. They huddled together, discussing how to ensure the cake remained hidden, sharing their playful plans with each other.

"We must keep the rum cake under tight wraps, or Queen Asora will devour it before the wedding!"

"Agreed! Let's create a secret hiding spot in the palace kitchen. Only a select few will know where it's stored."

As the cake was prepared, the people skillfully concealed it in the designated hiding spot, taking extra precautions to ensure Queen Asora remained unaware of its existence.

Meanwhile, amidst the wedding planning, King Taehan found himself engaged in "lighthearted" arguments with Queen Asora over the decorations. The duo was now talking about how the flowers around the palaces and halls should be before the arrival of their very first guest in a few days, which would also mark day one of the wedding.

"I believe a more traditional approach to the decorations would be fitting for our wedding," Tae-Han said. "...showcasing the regal elegance of our union. "

Queen Asora sighed both playfully and slightly exasperated, "But Taehan, we must infuse our celebration with the vibrant colors and patterns of both Jamaican and Korean culture. While red roses are pretty, that is something you give to a lover as a surprise or gift. This is a wedding, I do not think red roses fit, especially since you've somehow managed to have repainted almost all the columns and beams of the palace!"

Their 'discussion' did not go unnoticed by King Tae-Han's mother, Hyejin, who happened to pass by, offering her perspective.

"Ah, my children, let's not allow these minor differences to cloud our joyous occasion." Mother Hye-Jin scolded lightly. "And son, Asora is right. The flowers look bland, I like the vase with the cherry blossoms and hydrangeas, it looks beautiful together. And enough with the red! Please pick something more neutral. I've seen enough red for a lifetime."

Queen Asora, appreciating Mother Hyejin's support, said, "Exactly, omma! I've been trying to tell him for the past 3 days."

King Tae-Han realized he was outnumbered and relented with a smile: "Both of you are right, and I will take some of the red decorations down too."

Asora smiled, "Thank you."

Tae-Han nodded his head, "I'm going to go look at how the villages are being set up." As he walked in front of her he grumbled to himself, "The more red the more love and luck there is no?"

Queen Asora chuckled, while the King was at times frustrating or rigid, she knew his intentions were genuine.

About five days later, and it was the first day of Queen Asora and King Taehan's wedding, and friends, supporters, and allies from around the world, who would witness their union and celebrate the harmonious alliance between Jamaica and Korea started to arrive. Tomorrow after their ceremony there would be a festivity in the palace walls for King Tae-Han and Queen Asora to meet everyone as a newlywed.