Chapter 23

Wedding Night

After the whirlwind of their wedding day, Queen Asora and King Tae-Han found themselves enveloped in a comforting sense of exhaustion. The weight of the festivities, the joyous celebrations, and the emotional energy they had poured into the day had left them both pleasantly fatigued.

With a knowing smile exchanged between them, they acknowledged their shared weariness and the need for rest.

The Queen laid her head against the King's shoulder as they watched their people begin to pick up the hall. "I know I told you to satisfy my hunger yesterday, but I am exhausted. And that is not fair to me."

The King chuckled and kissed the Queen's forehead, "I agree, as much as I would love to ravish you, and quite honestly if you had said to, I would, but I am tired too. So for tonight, let's just sleep in each other's embrace."

With their entwined hand they made their way through the grand hallways of the palace, the weight of their royal responsibilities temporarily lifted from their shoulders. The whispers of courtiers and the echoes of well-wishers faded into the background, gradually replaced by the soothing stillness of the night.

Arriving in their private quarters, they found solace in the intimate sanctuary of their bedroom. The soft glow of candlelight danced upon the walls, casting a warm and inviting ambiance. The familiar scent of freshly laundered linens and fragrant flowers filled the air, creating an atmosphere of tranquility.

With gentle gestures, they prepared themselves for sleep. Queen Asora, behind the divider, that blocked the King from looking at her, slipped out of her intricately designed gown, letting it cascade down in a graceful heap. Carefully she slipped into her nightgown.

King Tae-Han, too, shed the regalia of his royal attire, embracing the simplicity and comfort of a nightshirt and pants. The weight of their crowns and the obligations of their titles were set aside, replaced by the vulnerability and tenderness they shared as husband and wife.

Side by side, they slipped beneath the covers of their regal bed, the cool sheets a welcome contrast against their warm bodies. As they settled into the embrace of the pillows, a shared sigh of relief escaped their lips. The weariness that had weighed upon them slowly dissipated, replaced by quiet contentment.

In the stillness of the chamber, their breathing synchronized, creating a gentle lullaby. They held each other, the queen found the King's body to be cool, perfect against her warm skin. And the King found comfort in the warmth that radiated from her as he held her in his arms.

Their eyes met one last time, and their lips met again briefly before the Queen snuggled into the King's chest, and the King squeezed her tighter into his arms. With whispered words of affection and promises of tomorrow, they allowed sleep to claim them. As their eyelids grew heavy, they drifted into a peaceful slumber, their dreams intertwined with visions of a future filled with love, unity, and the boundless possibilities of their reign.

The following morning, as the first rays of sunlight painted the sky, King Tae-Han and Queen Asora found themselves seated at the breakfast table, surrounded by their Advisors and Wisemen. The Queen refused to look her husband in the eyes, although they did nothing of intimacy last night, she couldn't stand the looks everyone gave her, and the King for some reason had become very touchy with her, from the moment she woke up the King's hand was on her leg. He had professed to be asleep but she knew better.

And right now, the King shamelessly stared at the Queen, so she ate quickly she needed energy, lots of energy for tonight.

The room was filled with palpable tension as the Advisors and Wisemen exchanged knowing glances, their eyes flickering with mischief, and could barely contain the laughter of their companions making it abundantly clear that their secret was not as hidden as they had hoped. The subtle teasing danced in the air, causing both Tae-Han and Asora to squirm in their seats.