Chapter 10

Adjustments

The Queen Of Jamaica kept her word, she waited until the ships were emptied of their cargo, horses were safely put in the stables, and her people settled into the new villages (made on the other side of the palace away from the native people and their villages so as to slowly emerge the people) before she even began to relax her mind.

And it was dusk by the time the Queen and King Tae-Han entered the palace. Many of the special arrangements and celebrations that were prepared for the Queen were to be rescheduled for another day.

Now Queen Asora did not ignore that there was a possibility that the King had planned things for the day, so as the King showed her around the palace with her Wisemen, his Advisors, and maids. She eventually stopped him in the hallway before he showed her the last few rooms of the palace.

"King Tae-Han," Queen Asora said and very quickly the King stopped and turned to her with eyes brows raised and a small smile. This had been the second time he heard her saying his name, a wave of heat rushed from his ears to his toes, he liked it... a lot.

"Yes?" He said.

"I hope I am not being presumptuous in asking but did you have any arrangements for you or me? I hope we did not interfere. "

"You are not being presumptuous, we were supposed to and still will."

"Oh, but I feel bad. I know none you are used to this, a Queen having to take care of her own matters and country outside of the King's responsibilities. But I promise as I learn more about your country, people, and this land you call home," Queen Asora smiled. "I will have better time management so that I can support you and your Kingdom. Not as a Queen, but as a wife."

The Queen's uncle smiled proudly, the conversations and lessons he had with his niece, although uneasy, were starting to come to light.

King Tae-Han nodded his head in understanding, "Do not fret over this, I know as a king that it is very hard to get all the timing right, so I completely understand."

"Thank you for your understanding and hospitality."

The King gave a small smile, "No, thank you for coming here. I know it was a long journey, which is why I think we should all turn in for the night."

The Queen nodded her head in agreement, her body ached and her feet felt numb. "I think that is a great idea."

The King then led her and their small crowd of people back through the palace, however, the Queen became confused as the King walked to the main entrance where the guards opened the door back to the main courtyard.

Asora did her best not to scrunch up her face from the pain she felt in her feet as she followed him outside. But after a couple of minutes of walking, the small group left the main courtyard and were walking behind the palace.

The Queen wanted to ask where they were going, but she stopped when something caught the corner of her eye.

There in its glory stood the tallest Palace she had seen, and as they walked closer Asora kept sneaking glances from the palace behind them. How did she not notice this?

King Tae-Han chuckled as he caught the foreign Queens confusion, "You did not think that those palaces were it, did you? The palace we left is called Changdeokgung, it is mostly empty because it is solely used for my general, soldiers, and advisors to lives, it is also where we have meetings."