Chapter 9

First Day of Unity

Advisor Jangsu ran into the Kings sleeping quarters with much speed to the point where he almost fell into the kings bed.

King Tae-Han chuckled as he pulled over a garment covering his chiseled chest, "Yes?"

"She's here! The Queen has arrived!" Jangsu exclaimed with excitement. King Tae-Hans smile dropped and his face went still, a breeze blew in through the open windows and he took a deep breath.

It was time.

The doors to the palace courtyard opened and the "Yeon" came in first. The Royal Helpers, Soldiers, and Doctors stared intently at the carriage while dozens of foreigners on horses flowed in after it.

Some of the Royal maids gasped at how dark-skinned the foreigners were, while others whispered in excitement seeing new faces, but most were wary. For the first time in decades, two nations' rulers were in the same courtyard.

And the last time an event like this happened, a war broke out... A war that is still ongoing.

As the 'Yeon' was placed on the ground, King Tae-Han walked out of the palace doors. With his trusted advisors and soldiers in tow.

Immediately everyone in the courtyard bowed to him, apart from the foreigners, they eyed him up and down, this man would decided whether their Queen would be an ally or enemy.

Queen Asora could sense her people's tension, as her horse slowly trotted into the courtyard, but she did not wish to say anything just yet. It seemed like no one besides the soldiers and people she had traveled knew she was the Queen, she wanted to see how the King would act towards her.

King Tae-Han finally made it within several feet of the Yeon, his advisors and soldiers had stop a few feet behind.

Queen Asora watched as he looked at the people around him for a second, before looking to the carriage. He cleared his throat and stepped forward to knock on the carriage wall.

"My soon to be wife may I help you out?"

No one answered, instead giggles sounded from the Yeon. Perplexed, the king looked to the men who had carried the Yeon in, and they avoided the Kings eyes. Part due to fear but mainly because they did not wish to laugh, they all knew who was really in the carriage.

King Tae-Hans eyebrow cocked up unamused, he knocked again and looked to the carriage, "My dear one, may I help you out?"

Suddenly the curtains and door to the Yeon flew open, and kids fell out on top of each other. Giggles flew out of there mouths, and the king stood up in alarm.

"Where is she?" He asked calmly.

His people however knew he was anything but, it was now Queen Asora's turn to cock her eyes up. It seems that her soon to be husband had a short fuse.

She cleared her throat, "Here I am."

All eyes turned to her and the King took a few steps back in shock, and for many reasons.

One, she truly was speaking his mother tongue. And it tickled his ears, her voice was not high-pitched like the other ladies he had met, but it was not low either; it was full and round, and refreshing but firm.

Two, she was the most beautiful being he had ever laid eyes on. Tae-Han eyes kept going between her eyes, lips and bosom, Queen Asora wanted to roll her eyes but decided against it. She knew her uncle would kill her.

And the last surprising thing to the king, was her white dress , it was dirty and at the bottom of the dress it was crimson.

"What happened?" King Tae-Han asked agitated as he walked to over to her. He scowled at each of his guards, how could they possibly allow her to even remotely come to him with even a scratch on her?