Chapter 6: Unexpected meeting

I remove my arms, revealing the dismantled ruin guard on the ground. How the hell? I look around to see who my savoir is and its...

"Xiao!" I say excited. He looks at me, then I realise what I just did.

"What?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"What?" I repeat, scratching the back of my head. Hoping he didn't just hear what I thought he just heard.

"How do you know my name..." He demands, still holding his weapon. Oh crap. I dug a grave for myself with this one.

"Arhh... I heard someone talk about you, so it ended up being a lucky guess.." I shrug, hoping he doesn't question further.

"Who."

"I cant say.." I fiddle with fingers. He sighs and gets ready to leave.

"Wait!" I grab his attention, "I just wanted to say thank you for just saving me just now."

"It apart of my duty to protect the people of Liyue," he says keeping his distance.

"Yeah but I am not actually from Liyue, that's why I am so grateful." I say putting my bow away. He raises an eyebrow.

"What business do you have in Liyue?" he asks looking at me.

"I am just helping out a friend called Aether," I smile.

"You know Aether?" Xiao questions.

"Yeah we met in Mondstadt. I take it you've met him too?"

"Only briefly, at Wangshu inn."

That means Aether should be done now with the quest, and headed back to Liyue.

"I should go now. See you soon," I wave goodbye and start running off to Liyue.

---

"Aether!" I scream, running towards him. He is following Childe into a nearby building.

"Hey I have been looking for you," he greets. Childe gives me a side eye, Paimon has her resting stank face.

I look at Childe. "We're just about to meet Zhongli," he smiles. God, it makes him looks so innocent. However... I didn't realise it, but I ended up glaring at Childe.

Aether could feel the tensions rising, "Anyway lets go inside."

"I don't think it is necessary to bring her inside," Childe says facing Aether, "the matters we will be discussing, is something that should be kept private."

Once again, I send my dagger eyes at Childe. Aether looked at me, not sure of what to do. "Fine I'll wait outside," I say grumpily. I storm off and find somewhere to sit. Its not like I want to waste my time dealing with that god anyway. I'll just meet up with Aether later...

As I sit down my muscles relax from the pressure I have been putting them through. Ever since I got here, my body feels more and more run down. It was probably the training, but I also feel mentally drained. I have been getting enough sleep, or at least more then I used too, but for some reason I have been feeling like crap. It doesn't help that these last couple of days Aether has been away, and now I have to wait to talk to my friend.

I sit outside the building for what feels like hours. Aether finally comes out with the rock archon behind him. He looks at me, "I'll have to catch up with you later Y/N, I'm sorry. I have a lot of stuff I need to do."

My eyes begin to water and my breath is shaky. Is he pushing me away? Because I am weak? Or does he see me as a nuisance? I quickly blink the tears away, and try to steady my voice, "that's fine. I.. I... I guess I can... wait around..."

Before Aether could get another word, I start jogging away. I turn around to wave bye to him, but his attention has already re-focussed on the person behind him.

Soon I find myself running. Running has hard as I can. Not in any particular direction. I am just running. Tears start, and they don't stop. I have kept my emotions on lockdown, and I guess they are overflowing. I don't understand. Why? Is he pushing me away? Am I just that bad of a person to be around? But we laughed, we had fun... I guess finding his sister is more important to him. Either that or he doesn't trust me. I just don't know what to do. I thought I would never say it but I just want to go home.

My vision blurred, I can't tell which way I am running. With no way home the only person who would be able to help is Aether. Maybe the only way I can stay by his side, is to become stronger.

It starts to become hard to breath and I rest under a tree. A tree I didn't think would see for a long time. Windrise. A gust of wind rushes by and a figure appears. 

Word Count= 803

Thankyou for reading :)

P.S. i don't own the pic

A World I Don't Belong In (Genshin Impact x Female Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara