Chapter 11: The sea bellow

"What do you mean you can't!" I scream at the top of my lungs. The ocean below is getting closer by the second. The wind rushing past every molecule of my skin. Xiao grabs my right forearm and squizzes it so tight it feels like he might snap my arm in half.

Xiao doesn't realise but he grabbed my arm where there is a gash and now the pain is flooding back with vengeance. My gut stops it's descend into the sea and I realise that we have stopped falling. I look back at Xiao.

"Whats wrong Conqueror of demons?" Moon Carver says. I take a second to process what just happened. With one hand Xiao holds onto me and with the other he holds onto Moon Carver's right horn. I look down to check that I am still in one piece. My left hand looks discoloured from how tight I hold my bow.

I look back at Xiao. He's staring off into the distance aimlessly. He sighs, "I don't think it is something wrong with me..."

It strikes me... He's talking about me. But how would I be able to stop him from teleporting... I haven't stopped people teleporting before... unless...

I am suddenly met with a lot of force around my torso, its squizzing me so tight I might pop. I see blonde hair in the corner of my vision that blonde hair could only belong to one person, Aether. I have solid ground underneath my feet, meaning I am on the Jade Chamber.

"Aether... your squishing me to death..." I blurt out with my last remaining breath. He lets go and apologises.

Xiao looks down at his hand and checks his elemental powers, they seem to be working. He looks back at me, his eyes travel down to my arm. The wound opened back up and the blood has stained the bandages.

"Sorry about that..." Xiao mumbles gesturing at my arm. I pull my forearm up to have a better look. Its shaking and I cant make it stop. I curl my hands into a fist and drop my hand back to my side.

"Its fine." I reassure him.

"The Guizhong Ballista is destroyed. Without its covering fire, retaliation shall be difficult," Cloud retainer states.

"But the Jade Chamber is our last line of defence! We cant give another inch... no matter what..." Ganyu steps forward and raises her hand to her chest. Ningguang teleports down, "I have... another idea."

"What do you mean, Lady Ningguang?" Ganyu looks at her with sorrow in her eyes.

"I'll sacrifice the Jade Chamber." She says bluntly, before she can continue Aether buts in. "Before we do that, we should evacuate wounded soldiers."

He looks at me, "You should leave too. Your wound has opened up again and this might get a little messy. Don't worry though I'll be fine."

"I see... so you want to get rid of me do you..." I say giving him a death stare. I slap him on the back, "I am joking! I know you'll be fine." I smile.

I step onto the mini jade lift, "I'll meet you after this is all done!" I yell waving good-bye. I sit down on the lift as it takes me back to the grounds of Liyue. I take a moment to access my condition.

The rain has made my clothes and bandages soggy, resulting in the bindings becoming lose. My right arm continues to shake as my blood begins to flow down it again. As I move my left arm to retie the bandages I feel as if my left shoulder is run through with a sword. Ahh crap... I forgot about that wound...

My already dry blood stained clothes are getting another round of dye. I apply what little pressure I could to my left shoulder with my right arm, however it didn't last long.

A sudden jolt nearly sends me hurdling off the edge of the lift. Its come to a stop on the ground near the edge of port of Liyue harbor. I look back over to the Jade chamber. Its moving over swiftly above Osial. I don't want to get blown away!

I pick my feet of the lift and quickly stumble my way into the closest building that so happened to be a clinic of sorts. I sit down in the waiting bay and clutch the handles of the seat. The ground shakes as if there was a volcano. A pot plant falls and smashes on the ground and people standing up, they just tumble and fall on the floor.

After the shaking stops, one of the employees approach me and offers to treat me.

The second I am done, I rush out the door with the same person chasing after me demanding I pay. The thing is... I don't have any mora. Its not exactly the best thing to do after being in a fight but luckily my legs only have small cuts and bruises on them.

I turn a corner and I reach a dead end. The employee arrives and starts demanding for the mora. A sudden black mist appeared and Xiao stepped out.

"Ahh... all mighty adepti please forgive me!" He begs. I cant help but giggle a little.

"Leave," Xiao says striking death with his voice. I rub the back of my head.

"So... what does the 'all mighty' Conqueror of Demons want with me?"

He rolls his eyes, "Follow me."

We walk out of the ally way and make our way towards the fish pond near bubu pharmacy. I lean on the railing waiting for him to start talking.

"I have come to discuss what happened at the fight..." Xiao says leaning against the railing.

"You mean the part where you couldn't teleport?"

"Yes..." He sighs. Before he can continue I but in, "when you said you didn't it was something wrong with you... you were implying that I had something to do with it, weren't you?"

"Yes, it appears that you yourself do not have control or full awareness of what happened."

It takes a couple of seconds to process what he said. No control... or full awareness.

"See it wasn't just that I couldn't teleport... all of my elemental powers stopped the second I touched you."

I am stunned unable to move.

"You may have the ability to block elemental energy."

He demonstrates this by making a ball of elemental energy then when he places he hand on my shoulder the ball fades a disappears. The second it disappears a pressure is relieved inside my body, only slightly.

"That actually explains a lot..." I mutter. He takes his hand off my shoulder, turns around and starts walking away.

"Hang on a second!" I yell and catch up with him. "I need to say thankyou for saving my life."

"I wasn't really the one to save you... you should thank Moon Carver."

"If what you said is true then if it was just Moon Carver who saved me then I would have blocked his elemental energy, and I would be dead at the bottom of the sea by now."

Xiao doesn't turn around and just keeps walking away, "I guess you're right."

Ok... ok.. so what to do now... I still need to meet up with Venti and I need to find Aether. I also need new clothes because these ones have had it. Venti don't have mora and I cant leave Aether so. Aether it is.

I find Aether near the beginning of all this mess, where the geo archon faked his death.

"Hey Aether I need some new clothes and I promised I would meet up with Venti," I puppy eye him. He laughs, "That's the best you got."

I slap him on the back and say, "What do you mean 'that's the best I got!'"

"Yeah that's fine it will be a while before we can go it Inazuma, mind if I tag along?"

"Yes I mind..." I say grumpily. I grab his hand, "I saw this shop that sells clothes for really cheap!"

Word count: 1341

I was able to get this chapter out earlier then I expected. However i didn't have much of a chance to proof read it because i wanted to get it out before I got really busy so.... 

Thankyou for reading :)