Chapter 15: The vibrant sky

Summery~       You train with Aether and get matching bracelets. In another place a conversation can be heard where they are talking about "testing her before you send her". 

"What do you say about some food? That run, drained my energy..." I whine.

"I know just the place," Aether beams. I think I know too.

As we approach Wanmin Resturant, the smell of cooked food lingers in the air. My stomach growls.

"Gooday Xiangling," Aether smiles, he notices that she has a few friends around. Chongyun and Xingqiu sit on a table nearby the restaurant. Xingqiu is eating some seafood dish while Chongyun is eating some type of noodles.

"Hi traveller. Who's the friend?" She grins.

"Y/N."

"Well Y/N, meet my fiends Chongyun and Xingqiu."

I wave at them, Xingqui smiles back.

"So what will it be? Wanmin Restaurant's Boiled Fish? Slime slushie? Or-"

"The Wanmin Restaurants Boiled fish is fine thanks," I smile. I have never been able to decide if I want to try her dishes considering some of the stuff she puts in them.

"I'll have the same," Aether says putting the mora on the bench. She takes it and gets working. We go and sit by Xingqiu and Chongyun.

"How's it been?" Aether asks the two of them.

"Not bad, what about yourself?" Chongyun says between mouthfuls.

"Pretty busy, you could say..." Aether sighs.

"Sounds tiering," Xingqiu closes his book and looks at Aether. "I overheard your name is Y/N, correct?" Xingqiu continues.

"Yes"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Xingqiu."

"Its nice to meet you too."

We all talk a little, while me and Aether wait for our food. Chongyun didn't say much, he mainly side eyes me. I think he can tell there is something wrong with my aura or something.

Our food arrives and we both woof it down. It was super tasty and I give complements to the Sheff. We begin walking towards the Adventurers Guild when we hear someone calling out our names.

We turn around and find Childe and Paimon running towards us.

"What's up?" I ask.

"What's up! You guys left Paimon asleep in the Inn without saying anything! You guys even got food without Paimon!" She grumbles.

"I left you a note beside your bed," Aether sighs.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" I death stare Childe. I haven't forgotten all the injuries he gave me, most of them are still healing.

"Paimon was looking for you guys, and since I saw you earlier I thought I would lend a hand." Childe soon realises that I am asking for more than an explanation. "Sorry for hurting you badly in our fight, it was wrong of me especially since you don't have a vision. How about I make it up to you two for accusing you?"

I sigh loudly, Aether waits for my answer before he makes his next move. "Not that I forgive you, but out of curiosity what are you implying?"

"Anything," He grins. I role my eyes. "We have commissions to do."

I drag Aether away towards the Guild, and leave Childe standing there. Paimon follows us.

An hour later, we return to Liyue after finishing our commissions, to find Childe sitting on the steps awaiting our return. I walk right past him and talk to Katheryne.

"Does she hate me or...?" Childe mumbles to Aether.

"Well you did try to kill her on several occasions," Aether replies.

"Ohh..." Childe mutters, as if a lightbulb goes off in his head.

"Here's the daily rewards Aether," I hand over a bag with our payment.

"If its money you want, I can give you that," Childe grabs a massive coin bag.

"I don't want your money Childe," I spit and walk away.

"Then what can I give you to make it up to you?" He puts the bag away and follows.

"Nothing."

He buggers off after that.

The rest of the day goes smoothly. No interruptions. Aether had to go to Mondstadt to investigate something. It was probably the quest with his sister. As much as I want to help, it is probably something he should do by himself. I sit on the edge of the wharf overlooking the harbour. Its just past sunset and the sky is glowing bright luminescent colours. The stars just beginning to peek their way through. The noise of the city is quiet, its being blown away by the wind.

The breeze is slightly chilled with the sent of salt. Moments like this are nearly impossible to get back on Earth. Where it feels like you're the only one just marvelling at the ocean. Its difficult because there is always so many people, so much noise, never a moment where its just you.

I lower my head down a look at the ocean beneath me. I swing my legs. Its surprising such a thing could come from a game. Though at this point I don't know how much of a game it is.

A figure approaches behind me and sits beside me. I was so tuned into the ocean I didn't notice the figure. It was Childe.

"Look, I'm sorry," He looks at me.

"Haven't you already apologized?" I grumble.

"I was apologizing for this-"

I barely realise what he said before he hits me on the back of the head. My mind starts thumping and spinning at the same time, as I attempt to crawl away. I can feel my grip on reality slipping.

"I do really mean it when I say it," He sighs.

Darkness creeps into the corners of my vision and takes over. My brain shuts down and I have no idea what I am going to awake to. 

Word count: 946

Sorry my updates are so inconsistent.... 

Thankyou for reading :))