Chapter 16: A call unanswered

Summery ~    You met Chongyun,Xingqiu and Xiangling at Wanmin Restaurant. Then ran into Childe, who you avoided. Later after Aether left for Mondstadt to complete a quest, Childe turns up again and knockes you out. 

The first thing I feel is the slight sway of my body, and the gentil breeze against my face. Something odd I notice is the strong force that my arms and legs are being pulled against. They seem to be tied together holding me above what I assume to be the ground. Slowly my eyes open, taking in the bright surroundings.

Soon my eyes adjust, and I can see the mountains of Liyue around me. Who ever is 'walking' me is taking me up and concrete path. Within moments I realise what had happened before I passed out. I look around franticly. Childe is leading the way, he has two fatui soldiers hauling the stick I am attached to.

"I am not a dead dear Childe!" I yell. Being held upside down for a long time, makes my head feel heavy. I begin to pull and tug on the ropes, scraping my wrists and ankles.

"Oh, she's awake. Well we can't have you touching people, now can we?" He mumbles. I grit my teeth. He knows. The hole I was digging for him just made itself ten times bigger. I am going to kill you Childe!

"Where are you-" I begin to ask, but I see the Geo Archon statue within metres. I gulp hard. Childe spins around, preparing to give a big speech about something or other. Though I can see the excitement 'deflate' out of his face as he stares of past me. I turn my head.

"What are you doing with Y/N?" Xiangling growled. I am shocked, Chongyun, Xingqiu and Xiangling stand weapons in hand ready to fight Childe.

"We may not know Y/N supper well, but any friends of the traveller's is a friend of ours," Xiangling continues. Xingqiu nods at her statement. Chongyun can tell whatever aura I have, is the cause of this mess. He gives in and prepares to strike. Them vs Childe. Childe is a fatui harbinger. Even if its three against one – that is if the fatui soldiers don't join in – he is incredibly strong. I barely survived against him. Childe could still be worn out from the fight in the Golden house though. But they can't see my power. If word got out about someone who could absorb elemental energy, who knows what might happen.

"Don't!" I interrupt, "its ok guys, please go find Aether. He knows what to do. He's in Mondstadt, go speak with Diluc, he knows me and Aether, he can help."

Chongyun looks angry, but the others eventually oblige and leave.

"That was nice of you," Childe smiles, "I might have had to kill them if you didn't."

I roll my eyes. In the moment of silence in my head, a thought came to mind. Xiao. He hadn't made the same agreement with me, that he did with Aether. But it might just work.

"Xiao," I cry out as Childe pushes me against the statue of the seven. Crap. To slow.

The gold light of geo begins to seep out of the statue, into me. Paralysed, unable to move the unwanted familiar feeling makes my blood boil. I had forgotten how much this hurt. The feeling of barbed wire running through my veins. This hopeless feeling of not being in control of myself. The light begins to fade.

"Ready! Pull!" Childe screams at the fatui agents. I am pulled away from the statue before the rest of the energy can come with me. The second I separated from the statue, the darkness engulfs me again and I pass out.

Third Person-

"It worked," Childe beams, "take her to the boat!"

Childe stays behind at the Archon statue for a minute or two after the two fatui agents drag the limp Y/N away. He sighs. "Sorry about this Morax, it was an order," Childe grumbles, "besides it wasn't very nice of you to keep me out the loop about importance business, so..."

Childe turns around and begins walking towards a harbour that houses a fatui ship. A dark mist appears in front of Childe. A short green haired male stumbles out of it, as if he was just in a massive fight, he holds and polearm tightly in his hand. Childe stops dead in his tracks to look at him. It takes a moment to realise that this man must be 'Xiao', the one Y/N was screaming about earlier.

Xiao scans the area looking for the caller of his name. However his search has no results. So he asks in a threatening tone, "Have you seen Y/N?"

Childe replies as calm as he can manage, "No, I haven't."

They both stand there in a stare down. Until Xiao decides to leave. He creates another dark mist and leaves the harbinger there alone.

"If only my vision was working properly..." Xiao mumbles. 

Word count: 840

The story from here on, doesn't really follow the plot. I make a bit up... but I tried to make it at least seem plausible without changing it to much. 

Thankyou for reading :))