Chapter 26: More Practice!

Summary ~ You spent some time by yourself in the forests bellow the shrine and discovered that you have the anemo powers.

As I did yesterday, I didn't stay in my room like I was told, instead I'm back at the rock. This time I left a note for Aether, saying where to find me if something important happens.

Hours of practicing with anemo powers only made by but sore. Irritated by my lack in progress, I go on a slow walk down by the beach to watch the waves. I spot something peculiar, a red autumn leaf. I pick it up and examine it. Still puzzled I look around and spot someone meditating (?) on some rocks. As I slowly approach, I realise who it is.

"KAZU-"I begin to scream before I cover my mouth. AHHHHH! I internally scream. I DID IT AGAIN. You need to stop doing that Y/N, I haven't met him. It would be hella weird if some rando screamed my name. SHUT UP! ACT NORMAL!

I awkwardly smile at him now that I have his attention. His puzzled face leads him to ask a question. But I interrupt and change the topic, "Hi, I'm one of Aether's friends. My name is Y/N"

I hold out my hand for him to shake. It takes him a moment, "Oh so you're Y/N. It's nice to meet you, I'm Kazuha."

I freeze, wait he's heard of me! Kazuha can tell by the face I'm making, that I have no idea what he is talking about.

"Aether talked a lot about you, he said he was looking for you."

"Really!? What'd he say?" I ask nudging him slightly. Before Kazuha could answer my question, I reply, "It's alright I'm only teasing, I don't really want to know."

This was only the half-truth, I just didn't want it to feel like I was pressuring for him to share something. Unconsciously I scratch my head with one of my hands and smile. His attention draws to my wrists, my face goes red as I realise the second bad move, I just made. I unintentionally exposed my rope burned wrists.

"Are your hands, ok?" He asks concerned.

"Oh yeah their fine," I answer, hiding my hands behind my back, "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to Narukami Island? I thought that all the resistance fighters where on Watatsumi..."

"Any harm going for a wonder?" Kazuha pauses before he continues, "I had something to report to Aether about the troops, but since I wondered into you, that will save me some time."

I don't remember this happening in the story, but it isn't totally out of line. Kazuha can tell that I am still pondering what he is saying.

"If this clears it up, here is a letter from Kokomi herself about our preparation," Kazuha says lightly handing me a letter.

I snap back to reality, "Oh, yeah, sure! I'll hand the letter right to Aether when I get back!"

My face lights up with joy because I might finally be able to help. A light bulb goes off in my head. Trying not to sound like I know the guy personally, I ask, "You can use anemo powers, can't you?" I try and make it as obvious as possible that I am looking at his vision.

His confused face replies, "Yes."

"Could you help me learn how to use my anemo powers? If you're not too busy that is. I got mine recently and I've been practicing but I'm not making much progress," I say excitedly. But then I realise how much I could be pressuring him, so I quickly add, "You don't have to. I know how much time it would take up and considering that you're planning a rebellion and that, you don't have a lot of time to waste."

He is silent for a few moments; I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous the longer the silence lasted. Not long after he says, "Sure, I could show you some of the basics."

My face lights up, "Really!"

"Well since you're a friend of Aethers, I would be happy to help."

I jump up and down with excitement so much so that I didn't realise that Kazuha has started walking further along the beach. We walked to a ledge somewhere where the breeze is strong. Along the way there several waves snuck up on me and got my feet soaked and covered in sand. But by the end of the day I had learned some handy dandy new tricks, with myself well underway for developing my own techniques.

As I walk back up the steps to the shrine, I had to quickly check my pockets to make sure I still had the letter. I know its unoriginal, but I could use some techniques I learned from different shows. AHHH!! Maybe Aang's wind ball he flew around on! Or Naruto's rasengan! (If you don't know those references go watch Avatar the last Airbender and... well Naruto) Ohhh!!! This is going to be too much fun!!

Before I finish my thoughts, I hit the top of the stairs and is faced with an angry Shrine Maiden.

"And where exactly did you run off to again?!" She yells.

"Didn't you read the note I left?" I ask as I walk right past her. She freezes for a second then opens her mouth to pester me more, but I interrupt, "Hey, I came back before sunset, didn't I? Doesn't that count for something?"

I can see the smoke coming out of her ears and her red face but before she lets it out on me, Aether appears.

"Hey! Aether, I have something for you!" I yell, running over to him. His attention moves to me and his face lights up seeing my happy state. I dig deep in my pocket and pull out the letter, "It's from Kazuha, or at least he delivered it to me. The person who wrote the letter, is Kokomi."

"I didn't realise that you were acquainted with them," Aether smiles. My blood runs cold. CRAP!! HE HASN'T TOLD ME SCRAP ABOUT EITHER OF THEM!! Aether brought me up to date on some things but left out most of the important information about the people in those stories!

"Paimon brought her up to speed," Paimon smiles proudly.

"Huh..." I mumble so quite that barely I can hear it.

"Paimon told Y/N all about everyone while she was eating dinner last night. She looked like she was eating something yummy so Paimon agreed to have some and Paimon would tell her all about everyone we met and more about Inazuma! After all, Paimon is a responsible travel guide that doesn't leave any information out!"

"Heh... Yeah. That's right!" I sweat. I have no recollection of this happening at all... It must have been so boring that I blacked out... I swallow hard and smile awkwardly. "But anyway, Kazuha promised me to show me the ropes of anemo powers. In fact! I'm meeting with him tomorrow for more training!"

A small light fades from Aether eyes, but I am soon pulled in another direction.

"You think you'll be leaving your room tomorrow! After what you pulled two days in a row! Keep dreaming because you still have two more days of BED recovery to go!"

I sigh loudly and cover my ears with my hands while she continues to ramble. As Aether approaches me the Shrine maiden backs off and quiets down. I lift my hands off my ears. "Will I see you tomorrow?" I grin. Aether smiles back, "I'll try, I have a lot of stuff to do," he pulls me into a hug, "Have a good night sleep."

"You too," I hug back. 

Word Count: 1290

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THERE IS 15K READS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! BTW THAT OTHER BOOK I WAS TALKING ABOUT AGES AGO, I FINNALY POSTED THE FIRST CHAPTER PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT IT IS SO FUN!!!

Thankyou for reading :))