TWO

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐭 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

"NOW BE SURE TO OWL US FREQUENTLY," their mother repeated for the umpteenth time.

"We will, promise," Cassie assured her.

"Don't be pushovers – if anyone makes any trouble be sure to take care of them."

"But don't get into much trouble!" she added on.

"And do not associate yourself with any sort of scum," their father drawled. The twins shared a look, knowing exactly what he was referring to.

"Yes father," they said in unison.

"Take care!" Her mother then planted a huge kiss on Draco's cheek and he retched in disgust. Cassie laughed at him, but not for long as Narcissa turned to her and did the same. She quickly pushed her mother off, hoping no one had been watching.

Saying their final goodbyes to their parents, the two of them boarded Hogwarts Express.

There had been a point where their father had been considering their father was considering sending them to the Durmstrang institute. Draco had encouraged the idea, wanting to go to the school because of its reputation. But their mother had disagreed, not wanting them to study so far away. And secretly, Cassie hadn't either.

"Ugh, I wish we could take Dobby with us," Draco complained as they lugged their trunks down the hall, looking for a compartment. The two weren't very concerned when it came to finding friends. Being from a pureblooded family, it was obvious they would have connections with others.

Over the years, they'd already met some kids in their year such as Pansy Parkinson, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. And speaking of the two boys,  Cassie had just spotted the two boys sitting in an otherwise empty compartment. "Look," she told Draco, quirking her head towards them. 

"Thank Merlin!" He slid the door and without any greetings, immediately held his trunk up. "Help us put our trunks up," he ordered. Without any protest, the two boys shot up and did what he had asked.

Cassie almost felt bad for the two boys, but it was better them than her. Her father had always told the twins that they should be served by those lower than them, and Draco had always taken those kinds of advice sometimes too far.

Cassie settled into her seat by the window, taking out one of her books that she and her mother had bought. She wasn't always reading, but she found the activity to be calming and occupied her time whenever she had nothing better to do. 

As the train started to move, Pansy entered the compartment, along with a blonde girl Pansy had introduced to be Daphne Greengrass. Cassie had recognised the name as one of the sacred twenty-eight and therefore approved of the girl.