SEVENTY-FOUR

— 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬' 𝐤𝐢𝐧 —

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬' 𝐤𝐢𝐧

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA SAT ALONE, cross-legged, by the fireplace in the empty common room, reading one of the muggle books Cedric had recommended to her.

She found in recent days that it was harder for her to sleep. Perhaps it was her looming fear of something going wrong. There was so much that could go wrong. Too many things kept her up at night, leaving her constantly agitated.

One of the only things that calmed her those days was practising her occlumency. She found that clearing her mind of all her thoughts was easier than mentally blocking off her mind completely. She just needed to close her eyes and relax — it was most likely the reason why she hadn't self-imploded yet, with all the stress she had been going through lately.

"Can't sleep?" came a voice from behind Cassie, making her jump slightly, not expecting anyone else to be awake. She turned around to see it was Harry.

"Something like that," she responded, setting her book aside. "What about you?"

"Let's just say there's been a lot keeping me up," he said as he sat next to her. "D'you ever have recurring dreams?"

"I don't dream much," she answered truthfully. "But maybe your lessons with Snape could help with yours."

Harry's face contorted. "It feels like the lessons are making it worse," he said darkly. "Ron reckons Snape's doing it on purpose."

"What do you think?" she asked him. She knew Snape hated his guts, but she didn't believe he would intentionally make Harry's dreams worse, even if she didn't know what those dreams exactly meant.

"I don't know," he said deafetedly. "He definitely isn't helping but... Hermione says Dumbledore trusts him, so I guess I have to too."

Cassie had thought of helping him. She wished she could. But unfortunately, she knew she was far from being an expert at occlumency and, considering the fact that Harry needed a proper teacher since whatever he was dreaming about was important, she supposed it would have been better if she had just left Snape to help him.

Cassiopeia watched Harry as he stared intently at the fire, clearly agitated. She reached out her arm, which caught his attention and he took her hand. "You'll figure it out, Harry. You always do," she assured softly, squeezing his hand. "And if you don't, we can figure out how to drown Snape in the Great Lake  — maybe that will help you out."

Harry chuckled. "It would definitely make me feel better, that's for sure," he added with a smile.

"You've just got to find something that'll take your mind off things. And no, running the D.A. doesn't count," she said as Harry opened his mouth to say something. "Nothing that involves you stressing about anything. It certainly helps me."