SIXTY-EIGHT

— 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 —

𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE D.A. MEETINGS CONTINUED to go on as usual, with no teachers finding out about their gatherings. Especially Umbridge. That was the best part of it all — having the meetings without her knowing what any of them were up to and so couldn't give them detentions without actual proof of them doing anything wrong.

Hermione had only helped them even more by devising a very clever method of communicating the date and time of the next meetings without them needing to talk to each other too often. She gave each member a fake galleon, using a protean charm so that it would tell the details of the next meeting with numerals.

Cassiopeia was incredibly impressed.

However, as the quidditch season grew closer, the D.A. meetings were put on hold on account of Angelina insisting on almost daily practice.

Cassiopeia had been more invested in this match than usual. It would be Ron's first match on the Gryffindor team. Unfortunately, others were less enthusiastic to see Ron, along with the rest of the Gryffindor team, play. Several Slytherin attempted to hex opposing players in the corridor, which Snape purposely turned a blind eye to.

Draco seemed the opposite of worried about how the events of the match may play out. The thought of Ron playing on the team had made him lose any doubt that Slyterin would win, much to Cassie's chagrin.

Slytherins insulted, jeered and intimidated Ron at every turn. Draco made several impressions of Ron dropping the quaffle every time he was within sight of him, causing the Weasley's ears to glow red.

"Ignore them," Cassiopeia said sharply to him as he and Harry sat at the Gryffindor table the day of the match. There had been a rather loud upsurge of noise as they walked past the Slytherin table; nearly everyone at the table donned silver badges in the shape of crowns, laughing uproariously at Ron as he sped past.

Cassiopeia frowned at them, hoping this was not another 'potter stinks' situation which her brother stupidly concocted.

"I must've been mental to do this," he said in a croaky whisper, looking as if he were facing his final meal. "Mental."

"Don't be thick," said Harry firmly, passing him a choice of cereals. "You're going to be fine. It's normal to be nervous."

"I'm rubbish," croaked Ron. "I'm lousy. I can't play to save my life. What was I thinking?"

"Come on Ron — I've seen you play. You're good. And trust me, if you weren't I wouldn't lie about it," Cassiopeia told him sternly

"Look at that save you made with your foot the other day," Harry added on, "even Fred and George said it was brilliant—"