FIFTY-ONE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WAS, AT FIRST, CONFUSED as to why she was the only one in the dormitory when she woke up. But then she remembered it was Halloween and all the other girls must've gone to breakfast early to watch people enter their names into the Goblet of Fire.

This was indeed the case as Cassie walked towards the Entrance Hall — several people stood around with toast in their hands, examining the goblet. It was placed in the centre of the hall on a stool, a thin golden line traced on the floor in a circle, its radius reaching at least ten feet.

Cassiopeia walked into the Great Hall, looking towards the Gryffindor table and sighing as she noticed Dean and Seamus sitting with Ron, Harry and Hermione. She instead turned to the Slytherin table, sitting with her brother. "Anyone entered yet?" she asked, taking one of the plates of sausages.

"All the Durmstrangs this morning," Blaise answered. "People are saying Warrington did earlier on."

"The Slytherin chaser?" Draco nodded.

"I heard Diggory from Hufflepuff put his name in," Theo added.

"I wouldn't mind if he's chosen. He's handsome," said Daphne, twirling her blonde locks.

"He won't be chosen just because of that," Pansy said sharply, rolling her eyes.

"Probably, but it won't hurt his chances," Daphne countered, and Tracey giggled in agreement. Cassiopeia didn't mind. She too hoped he would be chosen, seeing as he was the only eligible candidate she actually cared about.

"The Weasley twins tried to put their names in," Blaise continued, "'course, they aren't seventeen yet so they tried using an age potion. The Goblet chucked them out right after." Draco scoffed derisively.

Suddenly, loud cheers came from out in the Entrance Hall. The Slytherins, plus Cassie, turned around in their seats to see Angelina Johnson enter the hall, grinning and surrounded by friends who patted her encouragingly.

"You don't think she put her name in, do you?" said Tracey scornfully.

Pansy tsked. "A Gryffindor can't be our champion. You'd think they'd get tired of all their attention-seeking," she said, completely disregarding Cassiopeia being a Gryffindor herself.

"I'm sure she doesn't mean you," Theo said to Cassie, leaning towards her.

"It's fine, I'm kind of used to it," she muttered back to him.

At the end of breakfast, Cassiopeia made her way back up to the Gryffindor common room where she intended to spend the rest of her day until it was time for the champions to be announced.