FOUR

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIE HAD MADE IT A HABIT OF WAKING UP EARLY. Her mother always told her punctuality was key, so she woke up at seven in the morning every day until it became her daily routine.

This was unlike Draco, who was definitely not a morning person. He always had to be woken up by either her or Dobby in the morning, and when he was, he'd always negotiate for five more minutes of sleep.

So Cassie had woken up at seven, as usual, hoping no one else would be awake so she could quietly slip out of the dormitory. But to her annoyance, someone was awake. The bushy-haired girl had just come off her bed, which had been right next to hers, seemingly waking up at the same time as her. 

Cassie hoped the girl was still groggy and wouldn't notice her walking away, but it seemed she did as the girl got up and smiled at Cassie. "Hello. My name's Hermione Granger," she introduced herself, revealing her rather large front teeth.

Cassie stared at the girl with uncertainty. She didn't recognise the name Granger, and couldn't tell the girl's blood status. But she realised it would be best if she didn't go around making enemies yet, especially those she shared a dormitory with. "Cassiopeia Malfoy."

"I know – I remember your name from the sorting. You didn't look too glad to be in Gryffindor though," Hermione noted.

"Yeah, I didn't. I wanted to go to Slytherin," grumbled Cassie.

"Really? No offence, but I heard a lot of people say they didn't want to end up in Slytherin."

"Well you must have been around a lot of stupid people then," Cassie said. Hermione didn't say anything but instead remained smiling. "I've got to go – I need to go talk to my brother."

"Oh yes. Draco Malfoy. Your twin brother, I guess?"

"Yep. The one and only," Cassie muttered, before turning to get ready.

Cassiopeia purposely got ready quickly, not wanting to get into another conversation with Hermione or her other two dorm mates. She made her way down to the Great Hall, which was not too populated. Not yet, at least. She walked off to the Gryffindor table to get food, waiting for Draco to finally walk in.

Sure enough, after a few minutes, he finally arrived with Crabbe and Goyle at either of his sides. Cassie got up, moving towards her brother. "Both of you leave, I need to talk to my brother," Cassie told the two burly boys.

Both of them looked at Draco, as if expecting orders from him. "You heard what she said – go." The two boys then eagerly walked off, most likely because they had spotted the food on the tables.