THIRTEEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐩 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐩

 ' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

EVER SINCE HEARING HARRY TALK ABOUT THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE, Cassie grew curious.

She was sure she had read something about it in a book and so, whilst studying for end-of-year exams, she had also taken time to figure out exactly what it was.

After a week or so of checking, Cassie had finally remembered reading about Nicolas Flamel, who had been the known creator of the said stone. She had read further, discovering that the stone could be used for the Elixer of Life, a potion Flamel had used to maintain a long life, making him essentially immortal.

And if what Harry said was true, and that the stone was hidden away in Hogwarts, it seemed something or someone may have been looking for it.

But Cassie tried not to think about it, knowing it wasn't any of her concern. Instead, she focused on revising, mainly with her brother and his gang of Slytherins. It seemed most time it was less revising and more teaching the others as it seemed Crabbe and Goyle struggled to retain any information for more than five minutes and Pansy had very quickly gotten distracted by something else.

It wasn't only those three that had been present, however, as Theodore Nott had also joined in their revising. Though he was much more quiet compared to the rest of the group and had barely talked to Cassie, only glancing at her from time to time.

On other days, she was revising by herself in the Gryffindor common room, maybe sometimes with Dean and Seamus. 

When the exams finally arrived, Cassie supposed she did fairly well. Potions was very easy for her, as was charms. She had slightly struggled in transfiguration but, other than that, she did well.

In the end, Cassie was confident in her results. She was sure her grades would make her father forget all about her being a Gryffindor instead of a Slytherin.

*

Over the next few days, not a soul at Hogwarts was oblivious about what had gone down in the dungeons.

Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley had gone down to secure the safety of the Philosopher's Stone, which was hidden away in the dungeon. To everyone's great and utter surprise, Professor Quirrell had gone down to retrieve the stone, and would have succeeded had Harry not thwarted his plans.

Cassiopeia was definitely taken by surprise. She would have never guessed Professor Quirrell was ever capable of trying to harm students, let alone hurt a fly. 

Draco was very predictably annoyed that the whole castle had been praising Harry for his bravery. "Anyone could have done the same!" he argued. "I could have done the same!"