TWENTY

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

Soon came December, and the Christmas holidays were approaching. Cassiopeia had been ready to pack up to go back home when she, as well as Draco, had gotten a letter from her parents.

They wanted the twins to stay at school since the raids on Malfoy Manor were going to take place over the holidays, and thought it was better if they'd simply stayed at Hogwarts. The topic of the Chamber of Secrets also came up in the letter, most likely because Draco had brought it up in the last one he had sent to them. Their father had told them it would be best not to get themselves involved with any trouble going on with the heir.

Cassiopeia hadn't been planning to get involved with the heir anyway, which couldn't be said the same for Draco. Cassiopeia didn't pay too much mind about staying in the castle, however, as her attention was diverted to a notice pinned up by the Entrance Hall.

"They're starting a duelling club!" said Seamus, gaining the attention of passersby. "First meeting tonight! I wouldn't mind duelling lessons, they might come in handy one of these days."

"Are you gonna go, Cassie?" asked Dean, as the three of them walked away from the noticeboard.

"I dunno... I don't I'd be interested–"

"Oh, come on! With all these attacks and the heir running around the castle, it would be useful to learn how to duel!" argued Seamus, who was obviously eager to go. 

Cassie bit her lip, before shrugging. "Okay, fine. How bad could it be?"

So at eight in the evening, Cassie made her way down to the Great Hall, with a couple of the other people joining up. The hall had been completely emptied of the dining tables, instead replaced with a long golden stage in the middle.

Cassie quickly spotted her brother in the crowd of students and moved to go and join him. Cassie hadn't known who would oversee the club, though she hoped it would be someone like Professor McGonagall, who seemed like an able witch, or Professor Flitwick who happened to be a duelling champion when he was younger.

But all those hopes were destroyed as none other than Gilderoy Lockhart walked onto the stage. She was at least happy to see that he was followed by Professor Snape. "Gather round, gather round," Lockhart called to the crowd. "Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!"

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions – for full details, see my published works." Cassie let out a small scoff. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about duelling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin.