THIRTY-SEVEN

— 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 —

𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

DRACO GAVE HARRY THE MOST SPITEFUL LOOK as he and the rest of the Gryffindor boys entered that Saturday morning. In his hand was the Firebolt, glittering in all its glory. As good as Draco's Nimbus 2001 was, it was nothing compared to the Firebolt.

As he placed the broom carefully on the Gryffindor, people from both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw rushed over to look at it. Cassiopeia watched in amusement as they gushed over it.

Soon, Draco stood up, signalling for Crabbe and Goyle to follow him. Cassiopeia did as well, eager to see how Draco would react to Harry owning something better than him. "Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" drawled Draco as he walked up to Harry.

"Yeah, reckon so," said Harry casually.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it? Shame it doesn't come with a parachute — in case you get too near a dementor." Crabbe and Goyle sniggered.

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy. Then it could catch the snitch for you," Harry retorted, and the Gryffindor laughed loudly. Cassiopeia would've laughed as well but she knew Draco wouldn't take it too kindly. So instead she let out a small cough.

Draco's eyes narrowed at Harry before he stalked away, towards the Slytherin team. "I'm gonna make sure he can never catch anything again," he grumbled.

"What, are you gonna kill him?" Cassie said jokingly.

"No, but I've got a plan. Right boys?" he said, turning to Crabbe, Goyle and Marcus Flint, the Slytherin captain. 

"Should I be worried?" Cassiopeia asked her brother.

He simply smirked. "You go down to the stands. I'll meet you there later," he instructed before turning away with the other Slytherins, muttering something she couldn't hear as they walked away.

"Don't do anything stupid!" she called. But then again, knowing her twin, him doing something stupid was practically inevitable.

It had been time to go down to the quidditch pitch for the match and Draco was still nowhere to be found. Cassiopeia hadn't the patience to wait for him any longer and so she decided she'd just watch the match with Dean and Seamus instead.

Cassie watched from the stands as the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw captains shook hands. Soon, the match started and the teams kicked into the air. Harry was already significantly faster than all the other players on his Firebolt. 

The voice of Lee Jordan began to boom around the pitch. "They're off, and the big excitement of this match is the Firebolt, which Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to 'Which Broomstick', the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship—"