TWENTY-NINE

— 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 —

𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

DAPHNE GREENGRASS HAD BEEN styling Cassiopeia's hair into a half-up half-down braid. Cassie didn't want her to do so in the first place, but Daphne practically begged as she believed it would 'frame her face' and so Cassie eventually agreed to it, though reluctantly.

Cassie sat on the floor of the family room, waiting for the girl to finish, whilst talking with the others who were seated on the expensive leather sofas. Draco had invited his Slytherin group of friends, as well as Daphne and Pansy Parkinson (as he believed Cassie could be friends with them instead of the 'muggle-lovers' in her house). Of course, what her brother failed to notice was she had soon grown tired of Pansy's constant talking and kissing up. She didn't mind Daphne as much, though the girl made countless snide remarks about others, usually without even realising.

Also at the manor had been Crabbe and Goyle, unsurprisingly, and Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini. She wasn't surprised Theodore was here, though she would have preferred him not to be. On the other hand, she had barely spoken to Blaise before so she didn't much have an opinion on the boy. But from what she gathered, he was more kept to himself, observing the world from a distance.

"Have you lot heard about Black escaping?" asked Draco suddenly, making Cassie shift slightly on the spot.

"Of course we have. It's all that's being reported in the Daily Prophet," Blaise commented, and the others nodded in agreement. 

"And the Witch Weekly!" added Pansy. "Everyone's wondering how he escaped — he's the first who's done it." Cassiopeia looked up at the girl, grimacing as she saw her playing with Draco's hair. Another reason why she disliked her was her obvious crush on her brother, as she was always touching him and laughing obnoxiously at his jokes. She hoped Draco would never marry her as she didn't think she could deal with Pansy as her sister-in-law.

"My father says Minister Fudge is losing control. Says he should have better control with the prisoners at Azkaban," said Daphne as she finished tying Cassie's hair up. "Done." Cassie gave Daphne a small smile before standing up and taking the space in between Draco and Pansy, causing the latter to send her a scorned glare before shifting further down. Cassiopeia sported a triumphant smirk.

"I heard Fudge is bringing dementors to Hogwarts," Theodore stated, making the others look at him in alarm.

"Dementors? Is he demented?" asked Cassie incredulously. 

"Yep. Probably thinks they'll protect us."

"Unless they suck our souls out first," Blaise said lowly.

"Why would Black come to Hogwarts anyways?" asked Daphne, and Draco sent Cassie a knowing look before turning to the others.

"Maybe he's out looking for someone," Draco hinted. Cassie gave him a look of warning.