FORTY

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐤 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐤

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

"CASS, DID YOU KNOW TODAY IS A GREAT MORNING? Wanna know why?" said Draco as Cassiopeia joined him at the Slytherin table.

"Because it's our birthday?" she guessed, taking a slice of toast from the table.

"It is, but not just that. Come on — guess," he urged.

"I can't possibly see how today would be anything great. We start exams tomorrow."

Draco simply smirked. "It's a great day because I just found out that, if all things go well, Hagrid's chicken will be killed on Thursday. That will surely wipe those stupid grins on Potter and his idiot friends' faces."

Cassiopeia glared at her brother. He had only brought it up cause he knew it would irritate her.

The twins still hadn't made up yet. The only reason they were even having breakfast together was because it was their birthday and when they were little had vowed they would always spend it together.

Cassie could tell Draco wanted to tell their father about her little interaction with Harry the day of the match. The only reason he didn't is because, if he did, he knew she would tell their parents about his stunt with the dementors. And so they both came to a silent conclusion that they would both keep it to themselves.

The only thing pleasant about that day was the presents. What made everything worse was it was a weekend so the twins had no choice but to stay together the whole day. Her only excuse to separate from her brother was studying for the upcoming tests.

"Keep talking about the execution and I'll throw you into the Great Lake," she threatened.

*

The exams hadn't gone too badly. Cassiopeia supposed her father might even be impressed with her grades. Charms was okay, so was astronomy. Care of Magical Creatures was a breeze — their only task was to take care of flobberworms for an hour.

Potions was unsurprisingly good for Cassie while History of Magic was just as mundane as usual. The same couldn't be said for Defence against the Dark Arts; the exam was some kind of obstacle course where they would tackle various different creatures, including a boggart which had still assumed the form of Sirius Black, though this time Cassiopeia was able to face it after remembering Professor Lupin's words.

Cassie's last exam was Divination. She had been slightly on edge before the exam — right before she made her way up to the North Tower she had caught sight of the Minister of Magic and two ministry representatives, one of them holding a shining axe. Still, she had to calm her nerves if she wanted to pass the test.