FIFTY

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS HAD GONE BY without any new incidents. Cassiopeia was glad to say that she managed to evade any contact with a certain trio. Of course, there were some times when one of them would try to speak to her, though she always found a way to avoid any sort of conversation.

However, she knew she couldn't avoid all her problems by running away from them. She would soon need to face them — it was inevitable. But she just couldn't work up the courage to tell them directly she could no longer talk to them.

Moody's lessons became more unbearable with each lesson, though Seamus thought she was being dramatic each time she said so. The latest lesson composed of Moody casting the Imperius curse on each of them. Cassiopeia of course felt opposed to his plan. After all, they were called Unforgivable Curses for a reason.

No one was able to resist the curse as Moody made them do ridiculous things. Dean hopped around the room whilst singing the national anthem, Lavender imitated a squirrel and Neville performed a handful of gymnastics he certainly wouldn't be able to do under a normal state.

As much as Cassie tried to resist, she was unable to fight off the curse and ended up doing cartwheels in circles. Only at the end of the class was Harry able to throw off the curse (though Moody insisted on putting under the curse four times in a row until he fully could).

At the end of the day, Cassiopeia walked to the Entrance Hall with Dean and Seamus after their Care of Magical Creatures lesson when they were suddenly obstructed by a large crowd congregating by a large sign by the foot of the marble staircase. She moved through the crowd to read what it had said:

 TRIWZARD TOURNAMENT
The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early, students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

"Only a week away!" Ernie Macmillan said as he emerged from the crowd. "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..."

Cassiopeia smiled. She hoped the champion could be him, especially since he turned seventeen at the start of the month and was able to enter.

During the week, the only topic that sprung throughout the castle was the Triwizard Tournament. Who the Hogwarts champion would be, what the tournament might involve, et cetera. The castle seemed to be going through a deep cleaning as well — Filch yelling at anyone who forgot to wipe their shoes to the point where he scared a pair of first-years into hysterics.

By the time the thirtieth arrived, the Great Hall had been decorated so that great, silk banners hung from the walls, each representing a Hogwarts house and the largest banner at the front bore the Hogwarts coat of arms.