TWENTY-ONE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

HARRY POTTER WAS NOT MAKING A VERY GOOD CASE FOR HIMSELF. If anyone was doubting he was the heir after the duelling club, they sure weren't anymore.

Just the next day after his display of Parseltongue, he had been caught next to the petrified Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick. 

People had been panicking. Not only was Nick, a ghost, petrified, but the boy Harry had just happened to 'attempt to kill' was as well. There was a rush of people trying to quickly sign up to return home for Christmas, not wanting to stay in the castle while Harry was around. Soon, basically, the whole castle was set to go home.

Though not everyone believed it was him. Just the other day, the Weasley twins had been marching down the corridors, escorting Harry as they yelled, "Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through!"

Cassiopeia had personally found them amusing, as some people actually believed them. This couldn't be said the same for her twin, however, as he shot them an incredibly sour look every time he caught the twins doing this. 

Cassie knew it was because people thought Harry was the heir and she could see in Draco's eyes he wanted to yell 'he's not the heir!' every time someone scurried away from him, though couldn't as it would look suspicious. She was just glad he took her advice and did not pursue the matter of who the heir was anymore.

Soon came Christmas morning, and Cassiopeia had spent the whole day with Draco. It wasn't like she wanted to, no matter how much she loved her brother. But most of the castle was gone and her only option was to spend her time with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Cassie noted that the trio was still talking in their little huddled group, whispering things to each other while occasionally glancing around to make sure no one could hear them. She wondered what they could be up to this time, but simply shrugged it off, not caring as long as it didn't concern her.

The twins had their Christmas dinner in Hogwarts for the very first time, since they went home last year, and it had certainly not disappointed. Just like it was on Halloween, the Great Hall was decorated. Only this time it had a dozen Christmas trees and garland and streamers hanging above their heads, snow falling from the ceiling.

Dumbledore had led them with a few carols, to which Cassie had snickered at while Hagrid boomed the lyrics more and more loudly every time he took a swig of his eggnog. Draco still found a chance to taunt Harry, even on Christmas, as he began to make snide comments about the new jumper the latter had been sporting. Cassie guessed it was a gift from the Wealseys, as it looked like the same material as Ron and his brothers' jumpers.

After having a serving of pudding, the twins decided to leave the hall to go look at the letter their father had sent them. Cassie was surprised to see it was a clipping from the Daily Prophet, but wasn't too surprised when she read its contents.