EIGHT

— 𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 —

𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

AFTER THE NIGHT OF THE TROLL'S ATTACK, it appeared Ron and Hermione finally made up. She, Harry and Ron became closer, perhaps even official friends. But that wasn't the only change – all three of them seemed to warm up to Cassie as they behaved friendlier towards her.

Cassie hated it.

The one thing she didn't want to happen was for them to become friends, but she wasn't surprised a collective traumatic event apparently brought them together. Her father made it specifically clear who he didn't want her to hang around with, but it seemed the trio didn't get the memo, despite Cassie's best efforts to ignore it.

Harry smiled occasionally at her and Hermione constantly tried to make conversation with her – even Ron had stopped glaring at her whenever she walked past or was with her brother.

And on the topic of her brother, it seemed he also noticed their change in behaviour. "Pansy says you were in the bathroom with Granger," he started suddenly, coming out of nowhere while Cassie had been walking down to potions.

"Hello to you too, Draco," she responded, rolling her eyes.

"What were you doing there with that mudblood?"

"Well, Draco, I didn't know it was impossible for two girls to be in a girls' bathroom," she said sarcastically. 

"Fine then – why didn't you come to the feast? I hear Granger was crying in the bathroom all afternoon and missed the feast, but how come you weren't there as well?"

"Because I took a wrong turn and ended up there. Peeves poured water on me so I was going back to my common room."

"And you just happened to end up in the same place she was crying in?" Draco questioned further. 

"Coincidences happen, Draco. Get over it," she replied blithely, shrugging it off.

He looked at her sceptically, before sighing in defeat. "Fine. But just remember father told me to keep track of who you talk to." Cassie didn't answer back, instead kept on walking.

*

The transition from October to November was certainly noticeable. The autumn breeze became increasingly cold and the atmosphere became icy and grey. The grass outside was covered in frost and students had begun dressing up in layers and thick gloves.

But that wasn't the thing on Cassie's mind. What was on her mind was quidditch.

The quidditch season had begun and all students were awaiting the very first match of the year that would occur on Saturday; Slytherin versus Gryffindor. During this time, Cassie had grown sick of her brother endlessly complaining about how they should have allowed first-years on the quidditch team, though she did agree. She would have loved to try out for the spot of chaser.