SEVENTY-FIVE

— 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 —

𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

IT HAD ONLY BEEN A COUPLE DAYS since the entire school read the Quibbler and yet it felt like the last time Cassiopeia could walk through the halls normally was years ago.

Although the initial buzz from reading Harry's recount was gone, most people still weren't able to get over the fact that there was a group of students who were the children of death eaters. She wished she wasn't affected by the whispers, but she couldn't help it. Everyone who stared at her only associated her with the fact that she was related to a death eater, which made her automatically bad in their eyes. It hurt because she knew it wasn't true, and yet she couldn't prove it.

It was worse in the common room. If she moved quickly enough in the halls she could avoid the faces, and at mealtimes, she could sit with the Slytherins where barely any of them stared at her. However, in the common room, people looked at her as if she didn't belong. Like it was so preposterous that the daughter of a death eater would be a Gryffindor.

"I wished I could obliviate the lot of them," she mumbled. "Maybe that way they could all pay attention to their books rather than me."

"They'll forget all about it in a month — all they want is something to talk about since Umbridge started sucking out all their freedom," replied Theo, watching as the stone he skipped delicately bounced across the water.

The only place where it didn't feel like hundreds of eyes were piercing into her was by the lake, where the only people around were not close enough to bother them.

"You'd think they'd be too occupied with the fact that the Dark Lord is back to worry about a few death eater kids," she said, throwing a stone which had plopped straight into the water rather than skipping.

That was the worst part of it all; she hoped people had cared more for the fact that Harry explained in detail how you-know-who returned rather than the minor detail about their fathers, however, it currently didn't feel like they did. Or perhaps it was the excessive attention she was gaining that made it feel that way.

"Just forget about them. They can't do anything about it and neither can the ministry. All they've got is Potter's word and Fudge would never believe him for a second."

"I suppose," she sighed. "I'm just tired of everyone—"

"Theo!" a voice called from behind them, making the two of them turn their heads. Daphne was walking towards them, tucking behind the hair out of her face which escaped from her ponytail, courtesy of the wind. "I had a feeling you'd be here — am I interrupting something?"

"Er, I don't think so," Cassie answered.

"Sorry," she breathed. "I just really need your help, Theo."