FOURTEEN

— 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐬 —

 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐬 

 ' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

OVER THE HOLIDAYS, it seemed puberty hit the twins like a truck.

Cassie found pleasure in making fun of Draco every time his voice cracked, which occurred a lot. However, in turn, he had always teased her as, while he began to grow taller in height, she had only grown a few inches. He was now already almost a head taller than her.

On the topic of Draco, her brother had spent the holiday nagging his father until the latter finally agreed to buy him and the rest of the Slytherin team racing brooms.

Ever since Harry Potter became the youngest seeker, Draco had been complaining about being able to get on the team. Now that there was a space on the Slytherin team and he was now allowed to bring a broom to school, he could try out.

But, for some reason, he was so adamant about getting the latest model broomstick for the team. "You don't need to buy your way into the team, Draco. You're already a good enough player," Cassie reminded her brother, who would simply scoff.

"Yeah, but getting those new brooms don't hurt my chances, do they?" he retorted. 

Cassie would have loved to try out for the Gryffindor team, but couldn't for two simple reasons; one, there were no spots open and two, she didn't want to play against Draco had he got on the team. If she won, he'd probably sulk about it for the rest of the term and if she lost – well he just wouldn't give her the time of day.

Also during the summer, a certain red-headed patriarch had decided to enact raids on certain wizarding households as part of his newly instated 'muggle protection act'. Of course, this left her father in a rotten mood as the Malfoy Manor was set to be searched for any dark or incriminating objects.

This was a problem since the manor held a collection of artefacts the Malfoy family had accumulated over time. The only fix was to sell and get rid of said items before the ministry had a chance to search the manor.

And so Lucius Malfoy set off to Diagon Alley with his two children, in hopes of killing two birds with one stone as he ventured off to not only sell some of his possessions but get their back-to-school shopping out of the way.

Their first stop was Borgin and Burkes. It had been located at the end of the winding path down Knockturn Alley, a more sketchy shopping area located off Diagon Alley.

Borgin and Burkes was an old antique shop – dusty and dimly lit. Its store owner, Mr Borgin, had a reputation for selling things much more than they were really worth. The other owner, Mr Burke – well who knew where he was?

The three Malfoys entered the shop, the bell attached to the door ringing behind them. As soon as he entered, Draco began eyeing one of the things on display. "Touch nothing, Draco," said their father before Draco could reach out to the glass eye he was looking at.