SIXTY-SIX

— 𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐧𝐨

𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐧𝐨. 𝟐𝟒

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA STARED AT THE GRYFFINDOR NOTICE BOARD, swallowing thickly.

Umbridge's new degree was plastered upon the board, covering up everything else on it:

ALL STUDENT ORGANISATIONS, SOCIETIES, TEAMS, GROUPS AND CLUBS ARE HENCEFORTH DISBANDED.
AN ORGANISATION, SOCIETY, TEAM, GROUP OR CLUB IS HEREBY DEFINED AS A REGULAR MEETING OF THREE OR MORE STUDENTS.
PERMISSION TO REFORM MAY BE SOUGHT FROM THE HIGH INQUISTOR (PROFESSOR UMBRIDGE).
NO STUDENT ORGANISATION, SOCIETY, TEAM, GROUP OR CLUB MAY EXIST WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND APPROVAL OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR.
ANY STUDENT FOUND TO HAVE FORMED, OR TO BELONG TO, AN ORGANISATION, SOCIETY, TEAM, GROUP OR CLUB THAT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE HIGH INQUISITOR WILL BE EXPELLED.

Cassiopeia began to fiddle with her fingers, becoming increasingly scared. This couldn't have been a coincidence. Umbridge must have known about the meeting. And if she did, Cassiopeia was entirely screwed.

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the gobstones club?" a second year asked below Cassiopeia to his friend.

"I'm pretty sure you can live without gobstones," Cassie blurted out, causing them to jump and hurry away. She turned, then realising that Ron and Harry were behind her, also reading the notice.

"Umbridge knows," Cassie gritted out. "She has to."

"She can't," said Ron at once.

"There were people listening in that pub," Harry said. "And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust... any of them could have run off and told Umbridge..."

"Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "Or — I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too—"

"I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet? Has she come down yet?" Harry asked Cassiopeia, and she shook her head.

"Let's go and tell her," said Ron.

"Ron, wait—" Cassie tried as he bounded forward, setting off up the staircase leading up to the girls' dormitories, though it was too late.

The steps melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide, causing Ron to topple backwards and shoot down back to Harry and Cassie's feet. She couldn't resist laughing at him.

"Oooh, who tried to get upstairs?" asked two fourth-year girls who zoomed down the stone slide, giggling happily.

"Me," said Ron, still rather disheveled. "I didn't realise that would happen. It's not fair! Hermione's allowed in our dormitory, how come we're not allowed—?"