1- In which everything goes wonderfully wrong.

DAPHNE

15th June, 2020.

My therapist says I'm Nyctophilic but personally I think I just enjoy the dark. Yes, I do enjoy walking at night. The world's more to my liking then, not so loud, not so fast, not so crowded, and a good deal more mysterious.

I'm Daphne. Daphne Brígh Amaris. I know, weird name. It doesn't exactly blend in with the other normal last names. I guess I have my parents to thank... except I can't go to the grave and say "Thank you ma, Thank you pa".

Perhaps they can see me right now. I'm sure they are disappointed. When I was twelve, my mom stressed how she wanted me to become a lawyer. She said I had it in me. And my Dad, well he told me I could be anything... even a cop. And now I...well...let's say I work from home. Despite having a YouTube channel with six million subscribers and a very successful blog about mythological creatures, I am not content. The money and popularity isn't the issue.

I didn't start my YouTube channel and my blog to earn money. I needed to find out if Werewolves existed and most importantly I needed to find out if the death of my parents was simply an accident or a werewolf attack. And there's no better place to be informed than the internet especially when you're on the researching end. They died when I was sixteen and now four years later I'm still clueless about what truly happened to them. It sucks.

Back to my obsession with the dark, studying about werewolves...which eventually also led to my study on vampires probably triggered this side of me. I sigh and check my phone. It's only ten pm. Maybe, a walk near the forests will settle my restless heart. Drawing might help but since I left my drawing room in a mess, I'll stick to walking.

CASPIAN (HOURS EARLIER)

I swiftly button my shirt, I'm already late for my meeting with father. He will surely give me an ear full.

"Good morning, crown prince" the red head I don't remember bringing up to my room mutters.

"Morning. I have an important meeting. You can use the door when you're ready" I say before leaving.

Jogging down the stairs, I meet my father in the meeting room.

"Alpha" I bow. I notice his deep frown. He's very upset.

"You're late."

"Actually, father-"

"Who are you?" Father interrupts me. I furrow my brows, what kind of question is that?

"I am the future Alpha"

"Are you sure?! Because I don't think so! An Alpha looks after his people and would never endanger them but you...in your drunken state last night, you murdered a Vampire."

"It was only in self defense. He was in our territory!"

"The vampire you killed was one of Dagon's guards. Do you think he will care that the vampire was in our territory?!"

I stared at my feet. At the mention of Dagon's name I clench my jaws. I hate that name but Father is right. I didn't think last night and now I could be responsible for whatever havoc Dagon will unleash.

"Dagon knows. My sources informed me. He knows what you did but he hasn't done anything. That scares me. Dagon is not merciful...and if he hasn't exacted revenge then he must be planning something big"

It is my fault, I shouldn't have been so rash. I kneel before my father.

"What can I do?"

"Remember the blood moon?"

I look up at him. I remember the blood moon. How can I forget? It happens every 500 years and the werewolf King or crown prince will need to wed a girl of Amaris blood. It is my turn.

"I can see by your expression that you remember. Now, the blood moon is in three months. You need to find that girl and bring her here tonight. We need to prepare her for the ceremony."

"Yes, father, I will leave at once"

I stand up to leave when my father calls me back.

"Caspian? Nothing can go wrong. Once you are wed to this girl our strength will be restored fully"

I nod. I won't mess this up. I will find that girl and bring her here... whether she likes it or not. I already know how she looks like, so finding her won't be a problem. I just need to find her and get her here no matter what.

DAGON

I tap my feet on the floor boards impatiently. Whatever the King is saying isn't making any sense to me. I need to spill blood...oh and I will.

I hear Erix's footsteps and smile. I can already taste the blood of those useless werewolves. He walks into the meeting room and bows before my father, the King before approaching me.

"I found her" he whispered.

"What is this about?!" The King yells.

"If you'll excuse me, father, I have a debt to pay" I rise to my feet.

"Dagon...if this is about the guard that was murdered, we can simply ask for compensation" Nikola, my older brother states.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" I smile before disappearing from sight. It really isn't about the guard that died, I know that. I'm just bored...and the werewolves are unfortunate. I know how important their ritual is, how every 500 years the prince needs to mate a girl of Amaris blood and honestly it will be my pleasure to burn their ritual to the ground. I will get that girl and flaunt her in front of Caspian. If I'm nice enough, I'll give her back to him in pieces.

Now, it's time to find this little Amaris girl and have a nice little chat...after all I do love a nice chat.

I feel the smirk forming at my lips...oh this is going to be thrilling. Caspian at my feet. Me reminding him that he's a failure. I smile in satisfaction.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow me here on Wattpad.

Xoxo.