29- Die!! But first, food

DAPHNE

From the balcony, I watch the Vampires train. They're so dedicated, training every single time. And they usually change shifts, like some are training and others are guarding then later they switch.

"You're oddly interested in training" Dagon says lightly.

I turn to look at him. I know why he's here. He's watching me. I'm going to miss him. Actually, I don't know if dead people can miss living people. Probably.

"I think I'm going to go down there and train" I mumble, taking in his features. His disapproving blue eyes- because of my statement-, his lips, his hair, his body. His scent that I crave. His voice.

"I think not"

I roll my eyes. I want to. It'll be fun to train with a vampire. Or maybe I just want to know Dagon's army. I want to see his world because he actually spends most of his time with them since he's in charge of the army.

He can't stop me anyway. After all, who am I, if not stubborn?

*********

"Should you be out in this heat?"

I turn to find Erix settling next to me. Hmm, I haven't seen him in a while.

"Where have you been?" I question.

"Had to run some errands"

I nod. I'm curious to know what errands but I don't ask.

"So, you didn't answer my question" he mutters.

"The sun won't kill me and besides I don't want to die in my room, I'd rather go out in style" I chuckle.

I have accepted the reality. If Dagon manages to find all the items...then I'll just get rid of one of them.

"You're such a fatalist. Don't worry, he will find all the ingredients"

He can't. He shouldn't find them.

I stare at the vampires training in front of me. They're training so hard even if Dagon isn't here.

"You want to watch them up close?"

"I want to defy someone" I mutter.

I follow Erix to the training grounds. These vampires look so serious, like literally all they do is train.

"Want me to teach you a few moves?" Erix asks.

"How gentlemanly of you" I tease.

"Is that even a word?"

I shrug and we both chuckle.

He begins to teach me how to block a vampire's attack. After about an hour, I'm impressed with my progress and so is he.

He attacks me and I skillfully block his attack, managing to even stake his abdomen. I jump up excitedly. I did it.

"Wow...we really need you on our team"

"Oh, please, if it's an actual attack I doubt I'll last thirty minutes" I state.

"Don't be so sure" he mutters.

"Why do they train so much?" I say referring to the vampires.

"Well, werewolves aren't our only enemies. There are some vampires that do not fall under the King's command, that may want to cause trouble"

I nod.

"Let's try one more time"

I agree and practice with him longer, I try to dodge a throw but end up moving back so suddenly that I fall flat on the ground. On my butt. I laugh at how embarrassing this is. Erix is laughing too. Even some vampires are laughing.

Soon they stop laughing.

I turn.

Of course. He's such a buzz kill.

Dagon crouches down in front of me.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?" He asks.

"Just training" I shrug. He helps me off the floor.

"Training really? In your condition?" Now he's looking at Erix. Or more accurately throwing daggers at him with his eyes.

"Don't worry, I made sure she didn't exert herself" Erix defends.

I sigh. If this is what being sick feels like, I hate it.

I roll my eyes and walk past Dagon. I return to my seat on the bench while I redo my shoelaces.

He sits beside me.

I continue to frown and ignore him.

"I just want you safe" he mumbles.

"Whether or not I stay out here or in my room, I'm still dying and I'd rather die happy than sad in a stupid bed"

"You're not dying"

I am.

"Do something for me"

"Anything" he mutters.

I smile mischievously.

************

"I can't believe you talked him into this" Alma murmurs from beside me.

I chuckle softly watching the party before my eyes. Yes, I asked Dagon to let the soldiers have a party. And I don't regret it, they're having so much fun. Drinking alcohol, blood, and whatever.

They're dancing and laughing. Dagon, too. He's bonding with them. He's talking with them. He's enjoying himself.

Later, Dagon and I walk towards the garden. We ditched the party.

"Every vampire there is singing your praises. What made you decide to throw a party?"

You.

"I was feeling spontaneous" I say.

I wanted you to get comfortable with them.

I wanted you to get a bit of the stress off your back.

"I found all the ingredients needed to break the curse, I'll give them to Emilia and she'll break the curse. You'll be fine" he says, staring at the sky.

What?

No. No. No. If the curse is broken then...I won't die. And if I don't die then Dagon will. I can't let that happen. I'll do something. I'll fix it.

I have only three days left until I die, I want to be with him. And enjoy every moment with him.

Suddenly, a sharp pain surges through me and I scream.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Xoxo.