34- I defied death for this (1)

DAPHNE

I move a little in the bed, a smile forming on my lips. I must have had the best sleep ever because I feel so good. And the familiar scent...I smile breathing it in. I'm in Dagon's room, on his bed.

When I finally peel my eyes open, Dagon's sitting on the bed beside me. I send him a lazy smile.

"How long was I asleep?" I mumble sleepily.

"Ten hours" he answers.

Wow...I don't think I've ever slept that long. Well, after yesterday I deserve to sleep. With how many times I've almost died, I deserve an award.

"How do you feel, Love?"

How do I feel? Grateful. I'm grateful to have survived the past few weeks. It hasn't been easy.

"Like I've lived" I say with a gentle smile. He smiles a little but I can see it's a facade. Something's bothering him. I sit up on the bed and brush my hand over his dark hair tenderly.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"I'm sorry...for everything. You went through a lot because I brought you here- because of my stupid pride and impulsiveness..."

I stare at him wide-eyed. He's apologizing?

"...I need you to be safe and this realm isn't safe."

Wait, what?!

"You're free" he states. The realization of what he just said creeps in and I feel my heart literally shatter to pieces. He wants to send me back? A tear escapes my eye.

"No" I object. What is wrong with him? I didn't fight to survive just so he could send me back to the human realm. I belong here. With him. I don't know any other home.

"Daphne -"

"Dagon" I interrupt him. "I'm not going anywhere" I state.

"It wasn't a request, Daphne. Please don't be stubborn" he mutters. Despite his stoic expression, I can see the hurt in his eyes. I can see how hard it is for him to do this. Then, why?

"Why are you doing this? And don't you dare say to protect me"

"It's the only reason" he replies. He stands up, attempting to leave the room.

Lie.

I stand up swiftly.

"You're a liar!" I yell. I'm crying now. I don't know why but I'm extra emotional. I can't let him leave this room! I can't let him send me back!

"You're a liar. You're just scared-"

"Yes, I'm scared!" He growls and I almost flinch back in shock.

"For the past few weeks, all I've seen is you struggle to survive! All I've seen is you fighting for your life and I can't anymore! I can't watch you suffer! I am incapable of letting you suffer anymore! I can't... It would kill me."

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"I can't let you remain here where your life will be constantly threatened" his voice breaks.

"But I'm safe!"

"How long? A week? Two days? Two hours? Don't you see? Ever since you got here, you have been in constant danger"

What is he even saying?

"I had an accident. My parents' car crashed long before I even knew you so my life has been filled with danger" I explain. He better listen cause I'm not going anywhere.

I exhale deeply. I need to be calm enough to explain things to him.

"Dagon, we're both here and we're safe. Let's not waste our time worrying about the future when it hasn't even come." We can't just quit because it's hard.

I watch him sigh. He agrees. Thank goodness.

He walks towards me till he's standing in front of me. He cups my face, wiping off the remnant of tears from my face. Warmth spreads throughout my body from his gentle gesture.

"I should probably take a lesson or two on how not to make you cry."

I love this. I love him. I love being pampered by him.

"Do you have the time to fulfill my wishes now?" I question. When Emilia was going to inject me with wolfsbane he asked me to think about where I wanted to go and what I wanted. He said he'd give me anything.

"Anything you want"

++++

"You were about to die from laughter in there" Dagon stresses and we both bend over laughing.

"The movie was too funny and you weren't even helping with your stupid side comments" I mutter and we both laugh harder.

"You are on drugs" I state cheekily. We both chuckle before walking down the street toward our hotel.

I love Paris, I knew it was amazing but now that I'm here, I'm convinced it's an amazing place. No wonder it's called the City of Lights. It's never a dull moment here. I asked Dagon for Paris, I wanted to experience Paris with him. We both needed a break from the drama in the castle. More importantly, we've made memories. Memories that won't ever fade, like riding a boat in the Canal Saint-Martin and visiting the Musée de la Vie Romantique.

And Dagon, he's insane. I forgot to pack my sweater and I dragged him along to one of those glass-roofed shopping galleries to get a new sweater but he ended up buying me half the freaking store because I couldn't decide which sweater I wanted because there were so many amazing ones.

And just now at the movie theater, he made me laugh more than the movie did.

And our suite, he got one with the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. He is the best.

"You're strange...I asked you to imagine what you wanted to do and you thought of Paris. I can't tell if you wanted to come here for you or me"

I smile softly.

"I came here for us. We needed to make memories...and Paris is perfect. They also have the most amazing croissants" We both laugh at my last statement because since we arrived I've only ever eaten croissants. It's that good.

We finally reach our hotel just across the Eiffel Tower. Oh, an idea churns in my mind.

"I want to make another memory" I mutter.

"What?" He asks. I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him softly. He reacts instantly, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing me against him. The kiss is gentle yet reckless, warm yet possessive. I grip his hair, craving more. My toes curl, my brain melts, and my body aches for him.

When we pull apart, my vision is hazy. I don't think I'll ever recover from his kiss...I need more.

"As much as I love this dress, I'd rather see you out of it" he murmurs.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Is it just me or did Dagon's last statement make you blush?😳😂

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Xoxo.