39- This is the sad part

DAPHNE

I gasp, staring at the bite mark on Dagon's arm.

"It's Caspian's blood right?" I ask.

"Dagon, tell me it's not your blood! Tell me that's not a bite mark!"

He doesn't answer me. Oh, no. No. No. No. It's not true. I feel tears roll down my cheeks.

Realization hits me.

A werewolf bite can kill a vampire.

Caspian's bite can kill Dagon.

*****************

I wish it was a dream. Then, it'd be a nightmare and I would wake up screaming and Dagon would hold me and comfort me and he would be okay. But it's not a dream. It's reality. It's the truest thing right now. That Dagon is going to die. I can't give up.

"Try again" I state. Emilia looks away from Dagon's wound and looks at me.

"I told you, there's nothing I can do. He's not healing. There is no cure for a werewolf's bite and you know that"

"Tell me something I don't know" Dagon remarks.

Emilia stands up and walks towards me.

"I told you this wouldn't end well. I told you this would happen"

"No! You told me one of them would die and Caspian is dead so explain to me why Dagon is like this!" I yell, gripping her arms. She's just a liar.

"Daphne, it's no use. I'm dying"

No. I can't accept that.

"I'm sorry. Truly" Emilia mutters before leaving.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way" I reassure him. I'll save him. He stands up from the bed and walks towards me.

"Daphne, I won't live past tonight-"

"Don't say that!"

"It's the truth"

Tears fall down my cheeks. Last night, if I had shot Caspian sooner then he wouldn't be dying.

"Dagon, I'll die" I blurt out, clenching my chest. I'll die without him. I can't live without him. I can't do it. I can't do it. My chest is burning, I want it to stop but it can't. I can't breathe.

"Daphne? Daphne? Look at me" he cups my cheeks and forces me to look at him.

"I can't survive without you... please" I beg.

"You can't be sad. You can't cry anymore, okay?"

"I can't. I can't. I can't"

Dagon's going to die. I'll lose him. I'll die without him. I can't do it. I can't live without him. Pain squeezes my chest, making it unable for me to breathe.

"Daphne, listen to m-" he groans painfully, clutching his chest.

"Dagon? Dagon!" I wrap my arms around him to steady him. What's wrong?

"Daphne, listen to me. The werewolf venom is going to make me hallucinate and I could hurt you without knowing. I'll start craving blood and I don't want to hurt you. I need you to leave" he grits out.

"No, I'm not leaving. If you kill me then we'll die together"

"Daphne!" He growls. "You are not dying. Leave, now!"

No. I remain rooted in my position stubbornly. Suddenly, his eyes switch to black and his fangs elongate. I gasp in shock. His gaze now is murderous.

"I need blood" he growls out. His eyes change to blue again.

"Daphne, please, I don't want to hurt you"

"You're not going to hurt me! Dagon, let me stay with you, please!"

My request is ignored by him because he takes my hand and drags me towards the door before opening it and pushing me out of the room. He slams the door in my face and I fall to the ground.

"Dagon" I knock on the door. Please. I cry loudly. It hurts so much. I can't think. The way he groaned in pain, the way he lost control. He's dying. I'm going to lose the only person I have left. I just want the pain to stop.

"Please be a dream. Please" I mumble.

DAGON

Mother said Father rejected me. He didn't want me when I was born. She said he wished me dead. Why did she bring me back to the palace then? To use me? To use me to get the throne?

I peel my eyes open and my mother is sitting beside me.

"How are you feeling?" She questions with a small smile.

How am I feeling? How can she ask me that? She ruined my life yet I can't live apart from her because she's all I have. I hate her. Anger surges through me and I grab her neck strangling her.

"Dagon! What are you doing?! It's me"

"Shut your mouth! You just manipulate me whenever you want. What kind of mother are you?!"

"Dagon, let her go!" Daphne states. Daphne?! What?!

I look at the person I'm strangling. It's Alma. I release her immediately. Shit. The hallucinations have started.

"I'm sorry, Alma" I mumble. I thought she was my mother.

"You don't have to be" she mutters.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I see... even in your final hours you still lack manners" she chuckles softly. She's been crying, her lashes are wet.

"What can I say? Even death can't change me" I joke. I watch Daphne's expression change at our statements about my death. She walks out of the room angrily.

"We've upset her" Alma says.

"I just don't want to give her false hope"

"You've always been like a son to me"

"I know and I want to thank you" I hear my voice break.

Alma leans towards me, pulling me in a tight hug. I hear her crying.

Can they not? It's making this more tragic than it already is.

"I love you, Dagon. On your worst days and your good days and even now I love you. I promise you, I'll take care of Daphne"

Daphne...

I can't leave her. I don't want to. But I don't have a choice.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Thank you for the reads.

Xoxo.