6- Hush Little Baby, Don't You Cry (2)

DAGON

Well, the meeting was dreadfully long.

"Brother, how's your new friend?" Nikola questions teasingly.

"She's alive. I didn't kill her if that's what you're asking"

"Strange..."

I narrow my eyes at him. What could he possibly mean by that? Nikola and I are walking out of the meeting room when a maid arrives.

"Your Highness, the little princess is missing. We've searched everywhere and-"

"Missing? How?"

I listen closely for Kaida, blocking out unnecessary voices. Then I hear her, she's laughing so she's fine but she's with someone. Daphne?

"Your Highness, I was saying we looked everywhere-"

"It's alright" I say. Of course, the maid couldn't find her, lesser vampires have a limited hearing ability.

I reach the library in no time. Daphne's still here? I asked her to wait in her room and she blatantly disobeyed me. Well, at least she didn't walk around in those clothes. I have no idea why I care about what she wears, I just do. And Erix, he must have done it on purpose. He's never reasonable.

I push open the door and Kaida runs past me giggling, Daphne stretches her arms out in front of her to guide her path as she had a blindfold around her eyes.

"And what are you up to?" I whisper, crouching down to Kaida's height. She holds her fingers to her lips, motioning for me to be quiet. I smile softly before rising to my feet. I wouldn't want to interrupt their game.

"Kaida? Why aren't you clapping?" Daphne utters. Surprising how sweet she sounds around Kaida but in front of me, she's far from sweet. She's a sharp-tongued temptation.

Kaida claps to draw Daphne's attention and Daphne moves cautiously to where she heard the sound. They're playing 'Hide and Clap'. Every time I played with Kaida I had to pretend I couldn't hear her even though I could hear every breath she took, I did that just so the game would be fun for her. She's smart though. She always knew.

"Look out!" Kaida yells and I instantly snap out of my thoughts to access the situation but I'm too late. Daphne stubs her toe against a chair.

"Ow...ow...ow" she mutters. She loses her footing and stumbles forward but this time I'm fast enough to break her fall. I hold her arms to steady her. She seems shocked as she runs her hands gently up my arm and places them on my chest.

"Woah..." Escapes her lips. Her lips. Why am I thinking about her lips? She rips off the blindfold and I watch her eyes widen. I almost laugh. It's amusing.

"You?!!" she says before stepping away from me.

"Are you okay?" Kaida asks her. Before she can answer, Kaida grabs my finger.

"D, please make her better with your blood"

DAPHNE

"D, please make her better with your blood"

My eyes pop out. D?! He is D?! Of course! Why didn't I think of that?! D is Dagon! Shit! I said a lot of things to that child.

"I'm fine, thank you"

"D, do you know what?" Kaida proceeds to say.

"What?" He scoops her up in his arms effortlessly. Of course, it's easy for him, he's a vampire and he's strong. With a hard chest. Why am I thinking about his chest?! Oh goodness!

"-also Daphne said a bad vampire bullied her"

My eyes widen and my mouth falls open. Why is she so quick to speak?