36- What? Why? How?

DAPHNE

It has been two weeks since Dagon marked me as asked me to marry him but my excitement hasn't faded one bit. When we returned home from Paris, everyone was happy about the news. And little Kaida was the happiest. She even asked Dagon and I to sleep in her room with her one night. It felt nice. Not to mention the night I made Dagon watch a Disney princess movie. He kept saying how stupid it was. A small laugh escapes my lips, remembering that night.

"Daphne! Are you going to be long? You said you'd make me sandwiches" Kaida yells from outside my bathroom.

Oh right. That kid never forgets. Since I'm done bathing, I put a robe around my body. I'm about to walk out of the bathroom when my vision suddenly becomes blurry.

Oh... what's going on? I place my hand on the doorknob for support. Shit. I manage to stumble towards the wash sink to splash water on my face. After a while, I feel slightly better and I walk out of the bathroom.

What on earth happened? Do I have a fever?

"Daphne! Daphne! Come on" Kaida grips my arm.

"I can't go in my robe, can I?" I chuckle softly. My door is pushed open abruptly and Dagon comes in.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I furrow my brows. What?

"What happened to you?" He asks again.

He knows. He knows I felt dizzy. How is this possible? My mind takes me back to two weeks ago in Paris. When we made love it was as if I felt his emotions along with mine.

"It's the mark" he says reading my mind. The mark. Yes, it makes sense. Ever since the mark, we can feel each other's emotions. Why though?

"D?" Kaida calls Dagon distracting us from the mark. He immediately scoops her up in his arms and she squeals in excitement.

Kaida is one lucky girl. Dagon loves her so much.

"We'll talk later, see you downstairs" he winks at me before leaving. A small smile graces my lips. I love their relationship.

_____________________

I close my eyes, relishing the feeling of Dagon washing my hair. He is good. His hands are magical. I feel so good.

"I guess I'm doing a pretty good job" he states. I roll my eyes. He can feel my emotions now so he knows I'm satisfied.

He rinses off the shampoo with the removable shower head and I watch as the water soaks my clothes. I was going to wash my hair in the shower but since he offered, I chose the bathtub. It makes more sense. Just to be mischievous, I shake my wet hair.

Dagon yelps in surprise as droplets of water land on his shirt and face. I send him a wolfish grin but it doesn't last long cause water starts pouring on me from the shower head.

"Dagon!" I yell, grabbing another showerhead and spraying him with water. We continue on and on, wetting each other and laughing hard until I have him cornered against the wall. I smile triumphantly.

"Should I help you clean up?" I watch his eyes darken. I curl my toes at his statement, his words are doing something to me. My knees almost give in as I feel his desire mixed with mine.

He lifts me effortlessly and swiftly off the ground and I wrap my legs around his waist. I wrap my arms around his neck possessively.

"I want you. I want you with me, on me, and in me" I state.

"You won't believe how many naughty fantasies I've had about us" he murmurs in the most seductive voice. It makes me shiver.

"You'll just have to show me"

"With pleasure"

***********

I feel a hand pat my head gently and my eyes peel open. It's dark out. Maybe 6. Dagon's sitting on the edge of the bed staring down at me. I manage a smile. Goodness knows I'm tired. Exhausted. He wrecked me last night in the most beautiful way. I feel sore.

"I hate to leave you so early but it's urgent" he says barely above a whisper.

I frown.

"Is it really that urgent? I sleep better with you here" I mutter.

"I don't want to go but I have to" he leans towards me and places a kiss on my head. I shut my eyes instinctively. I love him.

"I'll tell the maids to prepare breakfast for you"

"Okay, when will you be back?" I ask.

"At night"

I furrow my brows. This is serious.

"Don't worry, it's just a meeting outside our territory"

I nod.

"Will you be alone?" I question.

"No, Nikola and the King are going with me"

I didn't want to think about this. I didn't want to harbour negative thoughts but Caspian is still alive. If Dagon hadn't left Caspian to attend to me that day, Caspian would be dead.

"Erix is here, there are guards outside the room. You're safe"

I shake my head, Dagon still doesn't get it. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about him. Caspian doesn't want me dead. He wants Dagon dead.

"Don't you know me?"

"But the prophecy-"

"Was wrong" he interrupts. I didn't have the strength to argue with him so I let it go.

"If anything happens to you, I'll find Caspian and kill him. Then, I'll break your legs"

He chuckles then. But I'm not joking. I mean every word.

"When I return unharmed, will you do something for me?" He questions.

I nod.

"Go back to sleep" he murmurs kissing my head again. I shut my eyes and open them. He's gone. I miss him.

I can't wait for him to return. I can't wait to marry him. I can't wait to see forever with him. I love him. I love my life with him in it. With that thought, I drift back to sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

That's a wrap of this chapter. Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Thank you, guys, so much for the reads and support.

Xoxo.