32- Well, that didn't work

DAGON

I deserved it. I deserved to be thrown out. I hate myself for going against her choice but I know if I could go back in time, I'd still make the same choice. I'd still inject her with the antidote. I can't let her die for me or because of me. She doesn't deserve that. I don't even know what my life would be like without her.

"Are you just going to sit here? Go and explain yourself" Erix mutters.

I sigh.

"It's not that simple. I don't think she ever wants to see me again" I say with a sigh. I feel every breath of mine coming out exhausted. I fear I might have given Emilia too much blood.

"You know she wants to see you. You shouldn't even have left when she told you to"

I was too ashamed to stay. And the look on her face... like she resented me. I couldn't stand that.

"Dagon, what are you thinking about? Just trust me, she wants to see you"

I stare at him, welcoming the possibility that he might be right. I release a breath. I'm in front of her room in a second and I knock.

No answer. Is she really ignoring me?

I knock again. No answer.

Strange. Is she sick like last time?

I push open the door and the only thing that welcomes me is the chilly breeze coming in from the window. There's no sign of Daphne. I listen for her breathing, her heartbeat...for any sign that she's here but there's none.

She's not here.

I feel my face harden. I will pull out Caspian's eyes. He won't ever dare look in Daphne's direction ever again. There won't even be an 'again' because I'll make sure I end him.

****

"These are all the guards that were on duty" Erix mutters. I stare at ten of them. Ten is a small number but these guards are capable. They are strong enough to protect the palace. Unfortunately...one of them is a traitor because how else did Caspian come in and go out unnoticed?

"Which one of you helped the werewolf?" I question.

"How are you sure it was the werewolf? On the blood moon, all the wolves die right? Isn't he dead?"

"All I know is he kidnapped her and I'll kill him"

I stare at the guards whose heads are bowed. They're not answering. In a swift move, I rip off the head of the first guard causing the other guards and Erix to gasp in shock.

I hear a small whimper and I turn. Kaida is standing at the door, she's shaking. She's terrified of me. I must look like a monster in her eyes, I clench my jaws. I need to find Daphne.

"Erix, take Kaida back to her room" I state. Erix does as he's told immediately. I resume my previous job.

"You're still not going to answer me?" I ask stepping closer towards the guards.

One of them drops on the floor, a newbie. No more than 18 years old.

"Your Highness... please...show me mercy. I was forced to...the werewolf bit my father and you know a werewolf's bite can kill a vampire, he said he'd give me the cure to the bite if I helped him. I had to save...my fath-"

I throw him across the room.

"You had to save your father?! Is your father's worthless life more important than Daphne's life?!"

I grab his head, digging my fingers into his eyes. He yells...

Daphne must have been scared. I dig my hands deeper into his eyes. He screams, pleading for mercy.

Ava pushes me away from him.

"What is wrong with you?! Is this going to bring her back?!"

I growl angrily.

DAPHNE

I peel my eyes open and furrow my brows in confusion. I wince, my head hurts.

Where am I? I examine the dimly lit room, it's a plain room with black walls and...I try to move but I'm restricted.

My hands are tied to either side of a table and my feet as well.

My heart thuds as the memories of what happened comes rushing back. I was hit on my head...I...

"You're awake" My eyes widen at the familiar voice. No, it can't be him. He's dead. He died because of the blood moon.

"You're surprised"

Caspian steps closer to me. He's alive. He kidnapped me. I'm here with Caspian. Alone. Fear rushes through my body, making me shudder.

"The Blood Moon killed everyone I know. It killed my father."

I hear his voice crack. He's hurt.

"Dagon killed my father. I will make him pay"

I watch his eyes glow golden...but it's not just the colour of his eyes, it's the look. He wants blood. Dagon's blood. He has lost everything and therefore he has nothing to lose anymore. He will go after Dagon with everything he has.

I can't let that happen.

"Listen, Caspian, I know how it feels to lose a parent but you must understand that it's not Dagon's fault, it's not my fault and it's not your fault either. It's unfortunate that our fates are linked but-"

"Stop it!!!" He yells. I flinch, and my heart rate increases to the point where I feel I might get a panic attack. He's scaring me.

"You're defending him. You're defending him!"

"I'm not-" I cry out in pain when he grips my jaw painfully.

"All my father ever wanted was to watch me lead our people. All he ever wanted was the safety of our pack...he didn't deserve to die" he cries. His tears fall on my cheek. He releases my jaw and steps back. I realize that my cheeks are stained with tears...his tears and mine.

"But it's okay...I'll rectify the problem."

How? What is he thinking of doing?

"With you, I can make everything better"

What?

"What do you mean?" I question shakily.

"I can create a new set of wolves...with you. I will turn you into a werewolf and you will be my mate as it has always been destined."

My face twists in horror. Turn me into a werewolf?! No.

"No. You can't-" I'm cut off by the sharp pain in the back of my head.

"I hit your head too hard, I'm sorry...but don't worry once you become a wolf, you will heal swiftly"

No. He's crazy.

"Let me go. Let me go!!!" I yell.

"Quit yelling, it's not going to help"

"Please, don't...you can't... please" I beg. I don't want to be a werewolf. I don't want to be with Caspian.

Please...I can't be a wolf. No. I cry harder.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Ohh... she's going to be a werewolf 🙃

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Thank you all for your support.

Xoxo.