37- This is everything I've never wanted (1)

DAGON

I hate meetings. Especially unnecessary ones. I had to sit down for hours listening to my father prove to the vampire council that Nikola is fit to be King.

"Thank you for coming. If Father was the only one that went with me, they probably wouldn't have been convinced"

"I didn't have a choice and they're still not convinced" I state.

"That's exactly why I'm hosting a ball"

I laugh in disbelief.

"What is that going to solve?" I quiz.

"We'll just have to see"

I shake my head. I walk into the palace, my destination is my bedroom. Or wherever Daphne is.

"How'd the meeting go?" Alma questions.

"Okay. Where's Daphne?"

"Okay, chill, no hello Alma, how are you doing?"

I groan.

"Hello, Alma. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great" she laughs. Of course, she takes pleasure in delaying me from seeing Daphne.

"She's asleep"

"Again?" I chuckle.

"What do you mean? She's been asleep throughout."

That's odd. I frown.

"She didn't eat anything?" I ask.

"Nope, she rejected the food I took upstairs. She must be really tired"

Tired? It's nighttime. Being asleep for the whole day means she's sick.

Leaving Alma, I walk to my room. Pushing the door open, Daphne's asleep. Nothing changed. She's still in the shirt she wore to sleep.

I sit beside her on the bed, checking her temperature for any signs of a fever. She seems fine. What is wrong then?

"Daphne?" I call her softly. Her eyes flutter open.

"You're back? But you said you'd be back by night time"

"It's nighttime. You've been asleep all day"

I watch her brows spread out in confusion.

"I don't know...I'm just so sleepy"

This is the strangest thing. She hasn't ever slept this long except when she was cursed.

"I'm okay, really" she says reassuringly.

I'm still not convinced.

"Why don't we take a stroll?" She asks. I nod.

"Give me time to freshen up?"

"Okay" I agree.

DAPHNE

"Remember when I asked you to do something for me if I returned unharmed?"

I nod, I remember him saying that and I remember agreeing. We're walking together on the palace grounds.

"Tomorrow, my brother is hosting a ball in the palace so tomorrow's impossible but the day after..."

He stops walking and so do I. What does he want to say? He cups my face, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"The day after, I want to marry you"

My eyes widen, and my heart does a somersault. He wants to marry me the day after tomorrow?