11.

- Romessa-

We arrived at the mall, and it was so crowded, as we entered, I felt Shehryar hold my hand immediately, I looked up at gim but he wasn't looking back instead he looked cold and serious, he looked so different from when we are in the car. But I guess he looks hot like this. I mean he's my husband I can call him hot right.

We were looking at a few shops for outfits, Fatima khala told me to looks for some outfits what would suit a wedding occasion since apparently there is a wedding taking place in her family and she wants me to go with her. Otherwise I normally just wear jeans and pants at home with an oversized tee or jumper, I dress very comfy that mama says it looks like I borrowed someone's clothes. I normally wear Kurti top but today and some other days it's different. Mama and khala said they wanted me to look pretty for Shehryar and after all the failed convincing I'm wear it now. Atleast I got to keep my white runners to myself, walking in heels would be impossible.

We had looked around so many stores and I couldn't find anything I liked, they were either ugly or really expensive. And I wanted something just right. Shehryar had great taste in fashion, he would pick out really good outfits for me and at some stores he tried buying them for me, but I couldn't let him buy such expensive clothes.

It was getting late, and I needed to get home to help khala and mama for tomorrow. We were about to leave when Shehryar told me sit at one of the benches while he comes back. I was patiently waiting while he returned. He had a small gift bag in his hand, he sat beside and took out a set of white and sliver bangles. They looked so beautiful. "May I?" He asked for my hand. I reached out my hand and then he slid the bangles on, he did the same for my second hand. They looked so beautiful. "Thank you, they're so pretty" then something hit me "I didn't get you anything" now we were walking back to the car and Shehryar was just smiling. "Aw, I should have gotten you something...is there anything you want right now" I asked him as I faces his seat. He looked in my direction and smirked "Actually yea...I do" I smiled, u could get him something "what is it?" He pointed to his cheek, I was confused "a kiss" hearing that I was flabbergasted, it was out of nowhere, just as I was about to reply, my phone rang

"Hello, Aslamoalkuim khala"
"Walikumslam beta, are you guys almost home?"
"Yes khala almost home, everything alright?"
"Everything alright, just someone waiting for you"
"Really who?"
Before khala could answer her phone cut. Oh my phones dead.
Shehryar looked at my direction and asked, I told him what khala had told me.

We were home in no time, Shehryar was bringing some of my shopping bags, even though I had offered to carry them. We were infront of the house when Shehryar said that the car parked in front of the house belongs to Zaid. "Why would Zaid be here?" I asked him "I have no idea, let's go in and find out"

As we walking in to the living room we were greeted by khala ami and my cousins "you guys are here early" "we wanted to surprise you" noor replied. I hugged noor and Anaya. "Where's Zainab" "she's at her house with her husband and child" aww, I missed them all. I didn't call Zainab api because she was almost a year older than me and we always acted like friends and calling her api would make it awkward for both of us. Noor and I got along the most, we would FaceTime eachother all the time, but for the past few months we were unable to since I had projects dye and she had her final papers. Noor was younger by a few months and Anaya was a few months younger than Haadir.

As I turned to face mama, I saw Khadija khala sitting with her, "Aslam o alkuim khala, how are you here" to this she pointed to khala ami. Shehryar who was now sitting down tugged my hand to make me sit down to. I was so lost in the excitement of the events that I didn't even realize I was sitting now. "Khala ami, do you know Khadija khala?" "Jee Romessa, we used to meet up all the time before moved. I think the last time we met was in Zainab's wedding almost 2 years ago" "yes, yes, she was the most beautiful bride I saw" khala agreed. So that's how they know eachother. "Khadija even stayed over during the wedding, and it was quite enjoyable time" "indeed, even the kids enjoyed themselves" "except when Noor and Zaid were arguing day and night" khala ami laughed. Everyone was soon having small talk. I we t and helped Fatima khala set dinner. We had arranged everything in the dinning table and called everyone. Everyone took their seats. Fatima khala and I were the last people to sit because we were serving the dishes. I then sat at the seat Shehryar had saved me beside him. The dinner was delicious, Fatima khala food was delicious.

We were all sitting, then khala mi said she had something to announce. All the kids were quiet, and everyone was waiting for the big news. "Noor is getting her nikkah done next week" I ran over to Noor and hugged her, "congrats gurl, but why didn't you tell me before" "Romessa, I was trying to tell you, but I didn't get the right time" "no probs gurl, but who's the lucky guy", Noor started telling me about the guy she was going to get married to, "aw he sounds great, I hope he always keeps you happy"

After ur talk, Shehryar's family were leaving, "Where's Zaid?" Khala asked. "I'll look for him khala" I started looking for him, he was nowhere down stairs, and upstairs, I checked the balcony, ot was the last place, just as I got there, I saw an angry Zaid leaving the balcony, "is everything okay Zaid" "everything's okay bhabi" "hey, since when have you started calling my bhabi" "since you married my bro" "okay this argument can wait, khala and Shehryar are waiting for you" I was leaving the balcony behind Zaod when I heard Noor? What was Noor doing here, I'll ask her later. I followed Zaod down to the front door where Shehryar was waiting for us. "Zaid go start your car, khala is in my car" Zaid nodded and left. "So wifey, call me if you miss me" he remarked, "I guess I won't be calling you, since I won't be missing you" I replied back. Shehryar pouted, he was about to leave when I tugged on his arm. As he was turning around to face me, I went on my tiptoe and kissed gim on the cheek "thank you for today" I smiled, Shehryar regained himself and nodded and them bid our farewells. Good thing no one was here, or else mama would give me a lecture about theses things.

After locking the door, I headed to my room, I had finished praying Isha before, so now I could talk to noor as we fall asleep. Noor was sitting on our bed, she looked disturbed, "everything okay Noor?" "Yep everything's fine" she tried smiling, "is it because of Zaid" I questioned "what about Zaid" she blurted out, I know this is kinda suspicious, "i don't know, I was calling Zaid from the balcony, and he sounded very angry, I also saw ypu at the balcony so I thought maybe you guys fought again or something" "what do you mean again" she stuttered "khala ami was telling me about you guys arguments whne they were staying over at your house" "oh" "noor is everything alright?" "I really don't know Romessa, I keep getting texts from an unknown number" "what are they texting you?" This is suspicious. "Things like 'call of the wedding' or 'run away' I don't know who it is" "did you try blocking it?" "I did but I still get texts from different numbers then" "weird did you tell Zainab or Khala ami" "I told Zainab api, she told someone might be pranking me and told me not to tell mama since it isn't a big deal"
"hopefully it's just a prank or a mistake, Don't worry much everything will work out" I smiled "But Romessa, what's up with you and Shehryar bhai" "you don't know?" I asked "no, mama sent to help Fatima khala when mama and Khadija khala was telling her the story" I told Noor the whole story from when we landed in Pakistan to when the nikkah happened, saying Noor was shocked is an understatement.
"I mean gurl you're lucky, Shehryar bhai is so hot" I blushed "let's get some sleep, we have wedding shopping and things to do before your wedding....eee I can't wait for it" we both giggled.