18.

- Shehryar -
As I ended my phone call, Romessa had exited the bathroom and waddled to our bed. "Feeling alright rani?" "Yea, I just want to sleep now" "Sure" I walked over to our vanity, "do you need something?" I heard her ask "no, I just need to give you something" "give me something?" I had the present in my hand and stood infront of her, I kneeled infornt of her "I want to apologize for the misunderstanding that day" "aw, Shehryar I'm sorry too but-" "let me finish first" she slowly nodded "I want to make a promise ill never hurt, heck I tried making that promise the first day I brought you here, I don't ever want to see a tear in your eye" "not even happy tears?" She smirked "only those, or the delightful ones I give you" I smirked back, and her face reddened, "but this is a little gift I wanted to give you a while back, but I didn't get a good opportunity" I handed her the box, Romessa looked at me and then the box "open it, tell me do you like it?" She slowly opened the box, she intently looked at the watch, "you have a matching watch you were wearing today?" "- oh yea I got us matching watches, you don't like it?" "no no that's not it" she went quiet again "its just, it's soo pretty and it's matching watch with my husband, makes it soo much better" she suddenly hugs me as I on my knee, taken back in shock, I fell back, with Romessa on top of me. "I'm so sorry I'll get up" when she tried getting up, I wrapped my arms around her, her body right against mine, "but-" "Romessa, let me enjoy this moment, so be quiet" I chuckled but she listened and became quiet. We both layed on the ground, "Shehrya, I'm gonna all asleep, can we please sleep *yawn* on the bed" "okay fine" unwrapping my arms I let go and we stood up and made our way to our bed, I tucked her in and went to bed myself. I pulled her to my chest and snuggled with her.

The next morning we woke and I headed to work, no matter how much I tried telling Romessa to rest she just wouldn't listen, "Romessa sit down and have breakfast for me, Kaif will make it" "Shehryar, the girl already has so much to do"

- Romessa -
"As soon as I'm done I'll come have breakfast" I added, but he's still sitting there with a growl on his face, as I was making my way to the kitchen, I felt arms wrap around my waist and I was being lift up "Wha-, Shehryar put me down" "okay I will" but he didn't put me down, instead he brought me kber to the dining table and made me sit on the chair, "Shehryar, you're going to be late" "you look cute when you're angry" I pouted, "okay let me get up, as I was getting up, ge blocked me in my chair, stopping me from getting up, then approached my face, "Shehryar I whispered, my breath probably touching his face, "yes my rani" "what are you doing" "well I'm hungry so I'll just go for this" and with that he pecked my lips, "well I've had my breakfast for now" I still in shock, touching my lips, "my rani, if you still can't believe what happend, should I give you another one?" "Aren't you getting late" I said blushing and kind of mad, "I am, should I have the rest later" I gasped, what is wrong with him these days, he's getting bolder, "okay, okay I'll go now, I'll try to be home early so we can have dinner together" I smiled and waved to him.

In the evening, Noor came into my room, "how are you feeling now" "much better, thanks" "khala's gone to her cousins house and might stay over night, and since Zaid will be late today since he has to go to some important meeting, do you want to go to dinner with me?" "Mmm sure, let me just check in with Shehryar, he said he might be home early" "okay, you check in with bhai, I'll go call my friend" I nodded and called Shehryar.
"Hey Shehryar" "hey rani, everyhting alright?" Sounding surprised and a little worried? "Yea, why can't I call you?" "Of course you can, whenever you like" "Actually I did want to ask, what time will be home" he went quiet all of a sudden, " oh um I think I'll be late, I have an important meeting" "oh okay, I'll be going out for dinner with Noor then" "Sure rani, sorry I won't be able to make it" "no problem" "enjoy you're dinner" we ended our call and I told Noor I was coming with her, she was so happy she immediately went into my closet to help me get ready.

- Shehryar -
Before Romessa's call, I was leaving to go home when Adnan had come in, "sir, Mark sir has requested an urgent meeting in 2 minutes" "okay, set up the call, and be there to take any notes" "yes sir" within minutes we were in the online meeting room, we connected Mark and had started our meeting. "Shehryar when do you plan on coming to Germany" "Me and Adnan will be landing this day next week" "okay, that's great news, but I need to update you on a few things, someone has been spreading false news about you here, and alot of media here have rumors flying about you" "I see, I'll deal with it when I come there, for now let's just try to keep under tight wraps till then" "okay, also do you know someone called Maya Awan" "Maya?" "Yes sir, she has been somewho connected to Alex and the shareholder problem, and I believe her father Awan is also connected with this" what does Maya have to do with this, I do know her father is a business man working for my competitors but what they have to do with this. "I believe we should use her to get some information out of her" "that could work Mark, it could definitely work, I'll work on that" "yes sir, also we will make preparations for your arrival" "just make sure they are discrete, I don't want attention, got it" "yes" "also make sure Alex doesn't get suspicious, I will arrive with Adnan by next week, and he'll send you all the details regarding that" "okay, I'll go with that"

After my meeting with Mark, I was thinking of ways to get in contact with Maya, without it making it suspicious to her, and I could get information from here, like faith had to help (or not) Maya was calling me, "hey Shehryar" "what do you want Maya" I still was mad for the misunderstanding she caused between me and Romessa, "please don't be mad, I just want to meet with you one more time" "what do you mean?" I asked curtly, "Actually, I'm going back to Germany tomorrow since dad called us, and I wanted to meet you one last time" "you know I'm a married man" I sighed heavily "please, I won't ever contact you again" I thought for a moment, maybe I could use this as an advantage to get information, "fine" I answered "great, we could meet at XX restaurant" "this is only a last meeting type of dinner, nothing more" I informed her, I had just ended the call when Romessa called, just her name was enough to cheer my mood up, she had asked if I would come home early, shit I had told her I would be home early, but now I have to go meet Maya, I told her I have a meeting, since I couldn't tell her I was going ro meet Maya, after I cleared to her there was nothing between us, I can't tell her about the business, putting her more under pressure. After our phone call, I was happy she was going to be with Noor. I decided to head to the restaurant since it is almost time for me to meet Maya.

A/n: how are you guys doing lately, I'm between being sick and having no wifi, so it's pretty sad for me, but what do y'all think of this part?  What do we all think will happen next 🤷‍♀️