28.

"Sure, I'll have a shareholders and board meeting tomorrow, at 10" I smirked.
Looks like Mr Awan wasn't expecting that, "is something wrong Mr Awan?" He scowled "no girl, but be sure, whatever you are planning won't work, and if I was you I wouldn't want you to go down with your husband?" His turn to give a evil smile, saving that he left followed by the nurse.

"Ma'am were you serious?" Adnan's voice came after a while, "about what?" "The meeting Ma'am" "of course why would I be?" "But I don't think Sir is going to be happy with this" "hopefully what I'm planning will work out, I need you to get ready a presentation stage ready for me, and also I need you to call the news for me, the more people the better" "yes Ma'am str away" saying that he left, "huh Shehryar, let's hope what I'm palnning works out, I just want to us to live a happy life, please wake up soon" saying thos I kissed his forehead and her some of plan worked out before tomorrow.

- the next day -
After spending the whole day, planning and trying to stay optimistic about today, I had to go talk, I didn't realize how many people there would be. Mr Awan sat right at the front with his daughter. I had gone for something simple, it was a grey and black Abaya, I paired it with balck heels, black hijab and a black handbag. (Outfit^)

Show time, I had arrived at the hall where the meeting was taking place, "I thought this was between the board and Shareholders what are is media doing here?" Mr Awan snarled, "I thought it'd be better to have some people on my side" he rolled his eyes. "Good morning everyone, as you know, this is Mr Shehryar Ali Sheikh's board meeting, but as he can't make it here today and has left me in charge  I'll introduce myself as Mrs Romessa Shehryar Ali Sheikh. As you might not know there was some issues relating with the Shareholders in our company, selling our information and shares, causing us some problems. I have decided as new CEO in chqrge that I will remove any  member from the board and Shareholder i deem unfor for thier role. This is not only a decision i made but also thw COO, Mark Wolfgang was also decided this. We will be starting this process very soon, we hope will cooperate with us. Thank you"

There wer cameras everywhere, flashing, but I had to stay strong, there were reporters asking from everywhere, but I tried not shaking at all. As this conference meeting was over, I went straight to the car, of course it was really hard because of the news reporters were everywhere making it difficult for me to move, "miss, are you going to remove Mr awan from the board too  since he is also a family member of Mr Shehryar" I froze at her question, but tried keeping my blank face, of course I didn't, but Adnan pushed ahead making way for us to get to our car. As I came in and sat down in the car, I finally took a breath of relief. "Adnan let's go to the hospital" "yes Ma'am".

We soon arrived at the hospital, but everyone looked very tense, maybe emergency cases, I went to check up on Shehryar, as I approached his room, Ana was standing outside the door, "hey Ana, everyhting alright?" "Uh yes dear" "you look like you just saw a ghost, are you really alright, do you want me to give a few checkup?" She just slowly nodded, I just nodded back and opened the door.
But. It. Was. Empty?
I slowly went in, "isn't this Shehryar's room? Where is he?" I said looking at Ana standing in the doorway.
She looked down, away from me, "tell me Ana, where is he?" "Dear I'll tell, please don't panic and please I need you to sit down and listen to me carefully" she slowly held my hand and made me sit on the bed, "while you were gone, Shehryar had an unexpected heart attack, causing some blood vessels to clot, so some doctors had brought him in for an emergency surgery, but-" "but what Ana  is the surgery still happing, let me go see" I was getting up when she held my arm "Romessa listen, during the surgery, he didn't- it didn't go well" "wh-at, Ana you're lying, he's perfectly fine, he's probably just in another room, please take me wherever he is", "Romessa, he isn't here, apparently his body disappeared after five minutes of being declared dead" I just looked at her, tears still falling, disappeared? How is it possible? He didn't just get up and leave. "Then how did he disappear, who was the surgeon in charge?" "Well the only surgeon in the hospital for the past 7 hours is Dr Noah" I got up from there and ran to Dr Noah's cabin, he was sleeping, good is this a good time to sleep, he heard the door open again behind me and startled he woke up, "Dr Romessa, is everything alright" "no it is not, my husband, where is he?" "Why are you asking me that, he should be in his room" "he is not, he had to go in for an emergency surgery, and you're the only surgeon on duty today" " I wasn't given any emergency surgeries today, I had had a few heart patients check up" "Dr Noah, if it wasn't you then, ahold was the man who had your lab coat and badge" Ana asked,  "my badge is right here you see" he went to reach inside his desk, but there was nothing, "that's strange, it was right here a few minutes ago" "so you haven't seen Shehryar anywhere?" "Of course not Romessa, last I saw him was with you before you left for the meeting, where i told he has recovered really well, ans could wake up any moment now.

I started thinking, there was indeed no way he could have gotten blood cotting, there was no issue like that to cause it. I had sat down to tired, of everyhting, I can't think anymore. Then there was a loud bang on my door  and in came in Mr Awan followed by some people I saw at the meeting in the morning and Adnan trying to pass them. "Ma'am I tried passing stopping them, but they won't listen" I heard Adnan's voice.
"So is it true you little girl? Your husband is no more?" I looked shock, how did he find out so soon, he read my face and smiled an evil grin. "So little miss girl is now going to leave thee board and Shareholders alone right?" I looked at him straight in the eye, "never" he came close to me and started choking me, "you insolent girl, you should never say never" I couldn't breath, I tried pushing his hold but it was too hard. "If you atleast want to keep your family safe-" he showed me a picture of Mama and my siblings, "-then I hope you make the right decision for them atleast" I didn't speak, I didn't have much choice too, I still being choked, starting to loose cautiousness. He loosed his grip  I'm giving you until tomorrow to make up your mind. I don't want to give into thier words but I don't want to risk my only family I have left. Should I just send them to another country? I should.

Adnan was dropping me home  I told them to book a flight for Ireland urgently, he did as told, and as I got home, I told them to pack up and get to the flight, of course they were confused and lost, since I wasn't coming with them, but this had to be done to keep them safe.

It was 12 in the night, I had finished praying and reciting the Quran, when I got a text from baba?
Baba: your mama and siblings have safely arrived here
Baba: when are you coming
It was kinda weird seeing his text after a long time;
Me: not sure, stuck with alot of work lately
Baba: ok, but stay safe and remember to pray dua.
Me: okay
This was in months I've talked to Baba, he's been back? I don't know, I'll call Haadir or Ammerah tomorrow and see what they say.

I decided to go to sleep, I closed my lamp lights, causing darkness in my room. It had been a long and painful day and at the end I'm alone, I accidentally touched .y neck, resulting me to groan at the pain. After all the effort, j was half a sleep when I felt my bed dip from on of the corners, I wasn't in half my senses, I felt someone hugging me, my someone, "are you awake my rani" I hummed, I was dreaming of him, just what I needed.