26.

- Romessa -
The next day was Sunday, so i decided to stay over at Shehryar's place. I had woken up really late, when I woke up he wasn't in his bedroom. I looked around, I decided to freshen up, I headed to thr bathroom when I saw my dress and the shirt for it hanged up, I saw my shoes, tights and my bag on the counter near the sink.(Outfit ^) I found a new toothbrush and face wash for me too.

I quickly freshened up and changed into my clothes ans made my downstairs where I smelled something amazing. I came into the kitchen seeing Shehryar cooking. I unconsciously smiled, "good morning" "good morning Rani, have a seat" "Sure I sat down on the seat at the counter where we served a plate of eggs and pancakes with strawberries amd cream with a drizzle of chocolate, could this breakfast get any better.
So the first thing I did that anyone normal person would do, I took a picture of it, it looked so pretty and aesthetic, I couldn't eat this without taking a picture.

Then after alot of arguing, that I'll eventually have to eat it, I took a bite and it was delightful. I enjoyed every bite, moaning at how delicious it was. Man I should stay here just for this yummy dish. Shehryar was just watching me in amusement. When we were finished breakfast I offered to wash the dishes, after much bickering, we ended up washing them together. Then headed to the living room, I found an old picture book on the side shelf, I brought it over to where Shehryar was sitting, "can I look through it?" "Sure, it was our album of the 2 years before ammi died" "oh"

We slowly started looking at the pictures, as Shehryar was describing the pictures and occasions, telling me funny memories of some of them. It looked so memorable and serene. "Amd this is when ammi went to a concert, she even met a girl over there she bonded with" I was looking at her, wait , it can't be, we turned over the page to picture had taken with the girl. "That's me" Shehryar froze, we both looked at the image, the only reason you can't tell it's me is cuz I had done my make differently and was wearing a face accessory, hiding most my face. Now I clearly remembered that day. I had met ammi and we spent the whole concert together enjoying, she even invited me home, but of course I declined. We even had dinner the few days I spent in Germany. "You're her?" "Yea" I couldn't believe it, I knew I had seen ammi before somewhere, but her being the same women, it surprised me. He chuckled sadly, "I can't believe it, you're the same girl ammi talked about for years after that concert" I was just smiling, I didn't even know, even before I had Shehryar, I had met his mother. The rest of the afternoon, we either talked bout our past, hobbies and just trying to get to know eachother better.

I decided to spend tonight at Shehryar's place too, we had dinner, in which I had made rice and chicken curry, and we both ate it. Then headed to bed since I had an early morning tomorrow.

- next day-
More like 5 am in the morning. It was so cold outside and Shehryar's warm embrace just made me want to stay, but alas I can't. After much effort adn trying not to wake up Shehryar, I went to the bathroom and got ready for work. He was still sleeping, I carefully went downstairs and made myself and him breakfast, I covered his breakfast and packed mine. As I was getting ready to leave, the doorbell rang, I opened the door to see Adnan? "Good Morning, how are you here so early?" "Sir called me last night to pick you up early today" "oh" so I grabbed my bag and things and made my way out.

- 6 pm -
It was such a long day, i had been standing for almost 12 hours, and I just can't wait to go home, I still had 3 more hours then I can go home. Thinking of going home my phone rang
Shehryar: U free rn?
Me: yea. Why?
Shehryar: great, I'll be there in 2 minutes, come outside.
Me: coming

I quickly got up and made my outside the hospital entrance. I was greeted by some of the children's parents that know me. Then I saw Shehryar parking his car and making his way over, as I approached him and he started crossing the road, a white van came at full speed and wasn't stopping, it was going at full speed, then it happen, a loud sound and now Shehryar laid there lifeless, I couldn't take in what just happend, I made my way over to him and shrank into the ground after seeing Shehryar up close. "Shehryar wake up, please Shehryar, some one please help, PLEASE" then a few doctors and nurses I knew rushed in with stretchers and quickly and gently picked up Shehryar, while Ana helped me follow them inside, I was too out of mind to understand what was happening, and all I knew was that Shehryar was in the ER. Ana and the few nurses stayed outside with me, theybsaid it's best ifni wait outside, but I wasn't crying, I was just there staring into nothing, I can't loose him, he's- he's like everything to me, who will make that yummy breakfast and we had only spent so little time together.

Minutes turned into a hour and hour turned into hours. I was just sitting outside, finally Doctor Noah finally came out, and Emma followed him, Emma came to me and started hugging me "what, is the operation successful, can I go see him, is he awake" I couldn't control myself I just wanted to go see him. "Romessa, the operation was successful, and that guy was tough so he did well but" no, not but, "what?" I asked getting impatient, "Noah, get straight to the point" "he's in an uncautious state and if he stays like that he might fall into coma. I just fell on the floor, sitting. I need to control myself. I thanked them and after they moved Shehryar to the ward, I went to his room.

Looking at him here, I felt horrible, he's lifeless on the bed connected to all machines, several bandages everywhere, small cuts that haven't been bandaged. I could speak, not one word, I just sat there, I could feel anything either, maybe because my pain was to big to even in take. I didn't even realize how long I was there when mama had called me, I didn't want to pick it up, but I had to or else she would keep calling me or get worried. "Hello beta, are you staying at Shehryar's place too today?", as soon as I heard his name, I felt my emotions spill and started crying, "beta, is everything okay? What wrong?" "Mama where's Haadir?" "He's here" she passed home the phone, "hey sis what's wrong why are you crying?" "I didn't know how to tell this to mama, but Shehryar, Shehryar got into a car crash" "he gasped but composed himself, "where are you guys?" "At the hospital I work at" "do you want me to bring mama?" "I don't know, she'll get worried" "okay, I'll handle this, but sis don't cry, everything will be alright.

There was a knock on the door, it was mama, Haadir and Adnan. I was surprised seeing Adnan here. But I was too busy hugging mama to question it any further. Mama had asked me questions, but I was too drained to answer anything, Haadir understood I need quietness, so he bought me some food and left with mama. I was sitting beside Shehryar's bed, "ma'am can I say something?" "Go ahead Adnan" "did you manage to look at the number plate of the van?" "No, I'm not sure, why ?" "Well because, the van disappeared as soon as it Shehryar sir" I looked up at him, "I know there are security cameras up there, you should go look at that" "yes ma'am, also Shehryar sir, has left you in charge" "in charge of what" I was so confused. "He left you in charge of the company" "how- how is it possible?" "It's is" mark came in, "I believe Shehryar made you sign these documents-" I started filpping throught them, yea I have see them before "-they state that, if anything happens to Shehryar, you'll be in charge" I looked at him shock "-meaning you go through all the final documentations and on your signature everything will happen" "but I can't do all this, I have work" "that's fine, I can do all the meetings as per Shehryar's request but you'll gave to go through the final documents and orders" I slowly nodded, "for now mark, try to find out who the van belongs to, this is a hit and run case" "I'm already looking into it doc" saying that both Adnan and Mark leave.
*Flashback*
In Pakistan, they had arrived home after Zaid and Noor's Rukhsati, they were in their room, Shehryar was picking up his final work and documents when he called me over, "hey Romessa, could you just sign these for me" "Sure, but are these?" "Oh nothing really, I don't think and hope you'll have to worry about them for a while" "Sure, it's nothing like me owing you $1000000 or something" "no my rani, nothing like that" I ended up signing it, because I thought it something about support or something
*end Flashback*.