27.

- Romessa -
I didn't know, it was the fricken documents to control the company, "Shehryar, why did you do that, now just wake up and go back to your company, I don't want to that work too" I said to him. "Please wake up, for atleast me, aren't I your rani?" I started tearing up, "please" I cried holding his hand.

It had been 2 hours, Ana had came in and made me eat something, even after I pleaded her I didn't want to ear anything, then I overheard her being short on stuff with the nurse who had come in to check on Shehryar. I told her, I'd do it, she felt hesitant but agreed. For the next week I worked, all day and all night, I didn't feel like going home at all, or even being free to do anything but work, I swaped shifts with doctors who had night shifts since Ana wouldn't give me them.

"Ma'am, I need you to look at these" Adnan walked into my cabin with files, since a week I have been going through documents too, since it 4 am in the morning and 9 in Pakistan, I would either call up Zaid or Kinza for help, since I didn't know what to do and what not to. I would sign anything that felt important or was best for thr company. It was really hard but I'm mangeing through them. After I was done, it was half 8 in the morning here, and every two hours uw old go checkup on Shehryar, he was getting better, but still needed more time to recover.

I had just finished my rounds and going to the reception to get a few patients files when I heard a commotion. A lady who's face I couldn't see was arguing with Emma. "Excuse me, this is the hospital, it'd be great if you kept your voice down here" she turned around, ugh I don't have time to face this, "I'm here to meet my Shehryar" I smiled a fake smile, "sure, just as soon as you tell me what your relation is with the patient?" "Future wife" she said proudly, God this girl didn't get the hint the other day, "mm, I'd like to see some proof" "I don't need it" God, her screaming was drawing too much attention, " I guess you can't go in, we need proper evidence for you to go see him, family only" she growled, "and what you can go in?" "Yea I'm his doctor" "ugh so annoying, I request a new doctor for Shehryar, I don't trust her" she started screaming, "that's declined, I'm also his wife here, you can't do any if that such" I said back, trying to stay cool as possible, "and do you have any proof", nope but I can't let her know that, but no one can help me right now, all the doctors and nurses are looking at me shock, of course they don't know properly. "Ma'am here's your marriage certificate" Adnan came in running. I internally thanked Allah, and I'll need to thank Adnan too later. "Do you need any more proof?" She just growled and walked away, but I could see her father planning something, he's too suspicious.

I went into Shehryar's room to pray Zohr and recited the Quran, this had been my routine nowadays with him, when I was done, I was going back to my cabin when at the end of one of the hallways, I saw a nurse and Maya's father?
I got closer they were saying something, I should do this but  I started filming them, this way I could listen better.
"All you have to do is drug that man, and I'll do the rest, I'll even pay you a heafty amount" "but sir i- I can't do it" "God, this is why nurses are so frustrating, you are going to go in and drug Shehryar, now get lost, and get the job done" I gasped, the nurse left soon, and I was going to leave before I heard home talking to him, I took my phoen out again, "so you found out who that moron signed the control the company over to?- his wife, the doctor?- unbelievable, it was so hard hiring someone to crash into him, and now I'll have to go through his wife, nah I'm getting a nurse to drug him, maybe we can pin the blame on his wife- it was hard enough to get the shareholder to sell his shares and of course my naive daughter fell into his games and spilled some of our plans, but I'm getting him back, he should have never messed with me" he talked about some other stuff  then ended his call, I quickly made me way to Ana who's was talking to all the nurses, "Ana, I want to say something, and let everyone know-" I said speci looking t the nurse who was with Maya's father earlier "- from now on, only I'll be allowed to come and go into Shehryar's room, others can come in only during the time in in there, the only other person that can go in is Ana, and it won't be good for anyone else that goes in without me" all of them quickly nodded, "what's wrong Romi, you've been so- so invalid these days" I toom a deep breath, "sorry Ana, I've just a got alot on my mind lately, is it alright if I spend my next few days off at the hospital?" "Of course dear, but please try to rest to, you'll take car of you" "don't need to worry about me" I went to my cabin where I also had a shower in my bathroom, so I quickly showered and changed into a black oversized jumper and sweatpants and a matching black hijab. I then headed to Shehryar's room, all the nurses and doctors listened to me and non of them came in except Ana and she only came with Emma while I was in the room.

I had been sitting of the chair for so long I didn't realize I feel alseep, when I woke up, it was 10pm and the room was dark, I was fixing my sitting position when I felt someone open the door, no one was supposed to be here at the time, I felt someone approaching Shehryar's bed, my back was facing them, so they couldn't see i was awake, as they got closer I blocked them off. It was the nurse from before, I turned on the lamp, and made eye contact with her, I looked done at her badge, "Lina, what are ypu doing?" "Oh sorry doctor, I didn't mean to wake up but, um- Ana said I needed to give this shot to this patient" I knew she was lying, me and Ana looked through it today, his health improved alot this afternoon, and he no longer needed anything, just a drip, " sure I'll add it, you go" I took it from her hand, and helped her leave the room.

Ammonia 2.00gm, this is bad, this is seriously bad for him. If she had injected this--, no pessimistic thinking I told myself. I put it away in my pocket. I need to do something, this is getting way out of hand. Thinking of what to do know, I feel alseep as I sat on the chair, but this time I made sure to lock the door.

I woke up at Fajr, I went to the toilet and did my wudu and prayed, then recited some surah. I was brslushing my hair when the idea came into my head, I had enough evidence but I needed them to get caught with more than just this evidence. Just then there was loud banging on the door, when I opened it, Mr Awan (Maya's father) stomped in with the nurse, Lina and few guards and Adnan running behind them. "Gosh he's still alive" he sighed. "Well yes, did you expect something else?" "Listen here girl, I'll leave you and your husband alone if you just give up the company, how about that?" Was he threatening me? Just then I felt something like a lightbulb light up
"Sure, I'll have a shareholders and board meeting tomorrow, at 10" I smirked.