31.

- Flashback -

Looking at the file, taking in all his information, I did know he had a daughter and all his information, but when I was reading his background family, he was adopted by the Sheikh family when he was 5. My grandparents had adopted him, he was my father's brother. My mother and I had lost contact with my grandparents when my father died when I was 7, my father had left me some money and I saved every penny of it until I had created my company to where it is today. According to this, my grandparents had kicked him out after my father had died, it also says he tried many times to excess my father's account but failed. When my company was first launched and had gained much popularity, he had started contributing as a shareholder. I also had to keep an eye on him.

- the day of the car accident - I had gotten a text from Malik, 'hey, just telling you to by careful, got word Awan is planning something' 'thanks for the heads up' I had his text at that back of my head when I was thinking of  meeting Romessa, I was excited to meet her, and probably have dinner with her later, just then a white van came with full speed, and before I could process anything, my whole body was in pain, I was on the ground, and the last thing I remember was Romessa coming to me, before I had passed out. 

- a week & bit later - It was quiet early in the morning, when I had woken up, Malik was standing at on corner of the room, otherwise the whole room was quiet and empty, "what happened" "do you want me to fill you in on everything?" I nodded, "Well you were hit, Awan was responsible for that, you had signed your company off to your wife, which was a bold and smart move, she had an argument with Awan yesterday, and now she's having a conference as we speak, but she's doing a great job so you don't have to worry about her" I slowly nodded, absorbing all the information. Malik continued speaking "but some people want to kill you right now, since your wife isn't here , so I'm here to get you out" he gave me some clothes to change into and with his help we were leaving the hospital, on our way he had nodded to someone, "who was that?" I asked him. "my guy, he's pretending to be on Awan's side, he volunteered to kill you" I was taken back a little, "don't worry, he's got it covered". That evening I was staying at Malik's place, Adnan came running in, once he saw me, he came and hugged me? he realized what he was doing as he abruptly stood up, "good to see you well sir" I smiled, "how's Romessa?" "she isn't well sir, she has also sent her family away since Mr Awan had threatened her, and she has to come to the office tomorrow to give the company up" "mm, thanks for the update and thanks for staying wit her" he smiled, it was pretty late now, but I really wanted to look at her. I had a spare key Haadir had given he the first time I was at her apartment. I quietly sneaked in. she had just gone on her bed, I slowly went to the other side to look at her, she looked so weak and pale. I pulled her closer, we were having our moment when my lips touched her neck and she groaned in pain? I looked at her neck, there was a handprint bruised into her neck, Ihad asked her a couple of times, but she didn't answer and started crying. ugh I hated when she cried, she eventfully answered, Mr Awan. After she had fallen asleep, I quietly made my way out. 

- The next day - We knew Romessa and the rest of the shareholders and board was coming in today, Adnan was going to pick her up, and i was patiently waiting in my office. The time Adnan was supposed to pick up Romessa, instead he texted me 'sir, I believe Mrs Romessa has been taken' just as soon I got up I got Malik's text, 'she's taken my Awan's man and on there way here, sit tight' ' fine'. After 20 minutes, they finally barged into my office, my chair was facing the other way so they don't know I'm here, i heard Romessa say something and she was pushed on my table. As I spun on my chair, everyone in the room was taken by surprise

- end flashback - "- and you know the rest rani, after you were shot, we rushed you to the hospital wile Malik and his people have Mr. Awan. Saying she was shocked was an understatement, her mouth still opened to all she heard. "wait, so he's your uncle" "technically, technically not" "You woke up and were safe?" I'm living and breathing fine right now, so yea" "wait, so the day you were in my room, in my bed, alive, you were real and not a dream?" "mm, yea I was pretty much real and alive, just like our make out session" I said smirking making her blush and push my arm away, after a minute she asked again, "so now, Mr Awan is gone now, everything's going to be better?"  " yes, my rani, he 's gone now, and hopefully everything will be better from now on" I said, brining her closer to my chest and kissing her on the forehead.