12.

- Romessa -

The past few days have gone in a blur, we were so busy with wedding preparations, more like nikkah preparations. The nikkah is being held in a garden hall near by tomorrow, and most the decorations and work is done, only the final touches are left. Mama and Fatima khala took all the children to get their clothes and final things for tomorrow, Ami and khala ami are gone with Noor to pick up her jewelry and I'm at home with Zainab.

Zainab and Dua had come over to stay until the nikkah. Right now, I'm helping Zainab fix Dua's dress for tomorrow. Dua was only 2 and her outfit was too long for little child, and I knew a few tricks to fix her outfit. Just then Zainab received a call, once it ended, "everyhting alright?" "Yea, I have to pick up Dua, Taha is stuck at work and won't make it" "oh that's alright, go pick her up" "aw, but you'll be alone, plus I might be gone for a while since her school is pretty far away from here and I'll be stuck in traffic" "Zainab don't worry about me, I'm not a child, go pick up Dua she'll be worried if you're late" Zainab nodded and got ready to leave, while I got back to fixing Dua's dress.

- Shehryar -

I was done my last meeting early  meaning I was done for the day, as I approached my car, my phone rang, it was Zainab calling me, I hoped everyhring was alright
"Hello Aslamoalkuim Zainab, everyhting all right?"
"Walikumslam, yes bhai, actually I'm headed out and Romessa is home alone since no one else is home and won't be home for a while, ans I was wondering if you could accompany her while I'm gone"
"Sure, I'll be right over"
"Great, I'm leaving in around 10 minutes"

We ended the call, and I made my way over to Romessa's place, I hadn't seen or talked to her in a while, she was so busy with helping with wedding preparations that everytime I called, she would end it by saying she has this to do and that, but she can't avoid me today.

When I arrived at Romessa's place, I saw Zainab leaving the house, " Aslamoalkuim bhai" "Walikumslam" I replied looking down "Romessa's in her room, I forgot to tell her your here" "don't worry, I'll go see her now"

I entered the house and headed to Romessa's room, I had only been there once, but I knew my way. The door was open ajar. I peeked in, leaning on the door way, I was her, my angel, my wife. She looked very concentrated, as I studied further, she was sewing something, she looking very simple wearing a t-shirt and cargo pants, she had her hair tried up in a lose bun and she was wearing earphones making her unaware of my presence and making her look even more beautiful. She always looked pretty and beautiful, but looking so simple and natural made it so much better. I knocked on the door and entered, she still didn't look at me. I went and waved my hand in front of her. She abruptly stood up with the shock.
"Surprised to see me wifey" I and as I crossed my eyebrows
"Yes, what are you doing here, you shouldn't be here"
"And why is that? Aren't I your husband?"
"Yes but-"
Romessa realized our closeness, we were both standing so close that I could feel her breath hit my chest, she looked up into my eyes, those deep brown eyes, that always captivate me. We were so lost in eachother, enjoying our comfortable silence.

Just then we heard chatting and noise from downstairs, meaning someone has come home. With sudden confusion and shock we both bumped into eachother and I landed on top of Romessa, thank goodness for the bed behind her, or else that would have been painful fall. On cue there was a knock on the door. "Api, Nadia Khala is calling you" that sounded like noor, "api, ae you in there?" I looked down at Romessa who had the expression as me, "yea, I'm in here, give me a second, tell mama in coming" Romessa said back. We heard Noor say okay and heard her steps descending. "That was close" I tried to sound as natural as possible. " um Shehryar, can you move, Mama was calling me down remember?" "Oh yea" ans I stood up as fast possible. Rommesa grabbed a dupatta and tried it around her neck and we both our way downstairs.

Everyone was shocked how I was here, and I told them all that Zainab had called me, they were happy that Romessa wasn't left alone and the Zainab had made a great decision calling me.

After a tea break I had with Romessa's family, I had to go back to work since I had to receive an urgent meeting.

At the office, Adnan had informed us that my company in Germany has suddenly had a problem with its shareholders and my friend also the COO, Alex.

I quickly had a meeting with Alex  who was updating me on all the news and stuff related to the company. I informed him that I can't be back for a while, but will try to solve the issue from here as much as possible and if not, I'll fly back.

After our meeting ended, I decided to look into all of them company's documents, making sue they were all up to date and accurate. Adnan had walked Ina while ago and was waiting for me to look up. "Everything alright Adnan?" "Yes sir, I just wanted to inform you that Zaid is still in his office" I looked up at him "still? Is he working on something?" "No sir, it doesn't look like that, it would rather seem like he's sulking" "huh, Adnan, call Zaid in to my office" "of course sir" "oh and ypu can go home now, everyone's already left" he hesitated for a second "okay sir"

I was completing some of my last files when I heard a knock on my door and saw Zaid come in from the side of my eye. "Come sit Zaid" "you called bhai?" I looked up at him now, putting away the last file for the night "everything okay bro? You look so distracted and look like you haven't slept" "it's nothing like that bhai, it's nothing" "Zaid, you're another only my cousin but also like my little brother and I could help you if there's an issue" "no bhai, I'm sure everyhting is alright" "okay then, let's head home, I'm pretty sure khala still hasn't eaten anything yet" "yea, knowing ami"

- Zaid -
We were home in 20 minutes since the company isn't that far and there wasn't much traffic at eleven in the night. We arrived home and as expected ami was waiting for us in the living room, but she looked so busy and cheerful, "Aslamoalkuim bacho" "Walikumslam" me and bhai answered in sync. "Ami, what are you doing?" She was going some clothes in the middleof the living room, this was really out of her, she never really did something like that. "Oh nothing beta, I'm trying to figure out what to wear for tomorrow" "tomorrow?" Bhai said in a questioning tone "don't tell me you boys forgot, it's Noor's Nikkah tomorrow" yea, ami had to remind me again once I had forgotten about it for a while. "They're having the mendi and nikkah together, and as family, we have to be early tomorrow to help out" me and Shehryar bhai just nodded, of course I didn't have the glow on my face after hearing about tomorrow like he had, probably excited to meet his wife.
Of course I'll be going to the wedding of the girl I wanted to be mine. Tomorrow is sure going to be an eventful day.

A/n: indeed Zaid, it will be a very eventful day