30.

- Romessa -

Then the chair slowly turned. Reveling Shehryar, was this also a dream. He wasn't looking at me, instead he was looking at the people who had lead to this state of mine. I looked back, seeing them all in a state of shock.

- Shehryar -

"How- how are you alive, I was told you were killed, dead, your body was disposed" "was that the original plan Mr Awan, I guess it didn't work out" "you'll pay for this boy" "or maybe you will"

Then two men came behind me, while three went in front of me, and Romessa already being held by two other men. I have to be careful or else Romessa might get hurt. "Mr Awan, since your plan has backfired from here, maybe at least give up now" stall stall, I have to stall for a few more minutes. "Maybe you could surrender and I'll forgive you, give a you a nice office with a new view? I won't tell the police about this either, you can live happily ever after" I got up from my desk trying to get closer to Romessa, "I'LL GET MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER ONCE I GET THIS COMPANY AND YOU'RE DEAD" Mr Awan was really getting impatient and mad now. I saw one of the guards signal, once he did, I quickly knocked down the two guards holding on to Romessa, they fell, while they were still trying to get up, I took Romessa's hand and we ran into one of the office rooms connected from my office while I heard gun shots and loud noises.

We had managed to make it to a print room. "I think we're safe here for now" Romessa quickly nodded, with tears in her eyes, "are all right?" She nodded, but I could tell she was in pain, I quickly examined her, when I saw a blood stain on her shoulder, I looked at her, she was still in pain but she looked away. I took off my jacket and cover her with it. She's in a state of shock, I can't do too much too cause more shock and stress on her, my phone rings, I look at the ID and pick it up, I kept looking at Romessa, who was just staring at the ground, "mmm, yea we left, yea it's going well, okay tell us when it's safe" when i ended the call, she looked up, she looked more composed then a few minutes before, "what was all the about" she steadily asked, "hopefully, our safety" she quietly nodded.

There was no more fighting noises heard from a far, but during that, my phone lost any signal I had. I wouldn't be able to know when he calls. I took her hand and started making our way downstairs from where we could exit from, we couldn't use the elevators, because of all the fighting and commotion we had to close it for safety reason for others, and had to clear everyone else out too, mow we had to talk the stairs.

We had made it to the staircase, we were currently ok the fifth floor, but getting down to the basement was going to be difficult, but we both started going downstairs, we were on the first floor, when the side door opened  reveling no other than Mr Awan, "how can you easily escape boy, I need you dead, so I can take over the company" "and why would I ever give it to you" "because I'm your god damn uncle, Your father promised me your company when he died" my father? "This is my company, I choose who to give it to you" "Shehryar be a good boy, at least for our new relation reveling you could give it to me before you die" he pointed a small pistol now, "I have to kill you one way or another, best to kill you now" but as he shot, everything went slow, so slow, and because of his stupid shot, I was safe, but behind my Romessa got hurt, making her fall down. "Romessa, are you okay my rani?" "I'm fine Shehryar, please, stop let's drop this fight, you'll get hurt" but then she passed out, maybe because of the amount of pain she had gone through. I looked at Awan, who alone looked more distressed, maybe since that was his last bullet. I marched up to him, my hands make there to his neck, choking up l, remembering the way Romessa had the bruise of his hand on her neck, all red and painful, and now he had also shot her. "Shehryar beta please, I can't breath, at least leave for the sake of us being related" "and how do I know you aren't lying?" "Ask that Khadija khala of yours" my hand put more pressure on his neck, "if I haven't hurt you, at least I have shot that little girl of yours, I should have fed her to my people when I had the chance" "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, DONT SPEAK OF HER FROM YOUR DIRTY MOUTH"

Mr. Awan would have not survived Malik didn't get there, he called an ambulance for me and we both rushed Romessa to the hospital.
We were outside the in the waiting room. "He wasn't king about you two being related" "I know he wasn't but that doesn't mean I'll play all family with him, he wasn't there all my childhood, so how can I let his bother be here now?" Malik just slowly nodded, "how's bhabi?" "The bullet went into her shoulder, bit her muscles and bones are safe, but the doctors are still trying to get the bullet out, so let's see" he just hummed a response. We both were quiet until  Malik got a phone call, he pointed to leave, I got up, he reached our his hand to chase but instead I hugged him, "thanks a lot man, really" "no problem, just letting you know if I ever need help, I'll drag you over to help" "Sure do that, I owe you one".

The bullet was taken out her shoulder, she had to wear a cast and was moved to a room. I was sitting beside her bed, when I felt her looking at me, she was awake after the anesthesia wore off, "how do you feel my rani?" "Much better" I smiled, taking her hand into mine and cupping it. "I need to ask though, what was all of this Shehryar? you were hit, then you apparently died, your body disappeared, I got kidnapped, you're alive, and all this fighting?" "okay I'll start from the beginning-"

- Flashback -
A month ago:
"Sir, Mr. Malik wants to talk to you, should I bring him in?" "go ahead Adnan, you know he's only here for something important" after a few minutes, Malik came in. "Nice to see that you know your way to may office" "I never forget anything remember? Just busy these days" "what planning on getting married or something?" "haha very funny" "anyways, how are you here today" "do you happen to know someone called Awan" that got my attention, "yea, why?" "because he's been in contact with one of our enemies, he's promised them money and resources, so I looked into it, he's planning on taking over your company" "he's been trying that for a while through his daughter and board, but he must be really serious if he's contacting outside parties" "yea, also I just wanted to let you know, I'm leaving some people here so they can keep an eye on him and the company if that's okay?" "my my generous Malik, I didn't think I'd see this day" he smirked "you know you'll have to pay for this favor one day" "I do, and I also repay, don't forget that".  He nodded playfully as he got up, "also here's a file of all the things we found out about him so far, some of it is very interesting" I looked at the file, slowly taking it. "I'll keep you updated too, so stay sharp" saying that he left my office. After I had finished work I wanted to work out the details of the charity event, but the file caught my eye, let me have a quick look of it. huh?