14.

- Romessa -
Today was the day of the rukhsati, we had come home late yesterday and Noor and I spent most our night talking to our moms and khala. Remembering and laughing our childhood memories. Mama wanted me to dress nicely too, since it would be my first time going to my husband's house. Of course I was nervous as hell.

I had bought a mint green dress a while back and thought this was the perfect moment to wear it. I was getting ready in the bathroom when I heard Noor's voice and she was talking to someone and giggling, probably Zaid. I was going to give Zaid an earful to be a  bit patient, when I left the bathroom, I had finished my makeup, and did my hair half up and half down. "Ummm mint green" I heard Noor "mint green what" I asked her, when she heard me she pointed to her phone. I quickly stole her phone from her, when I turned on her speaker "-can't I see you now" "Of course not Mr Groom, you'll have to wait to see your bride" me and Noor giggled "well bhabi, you should tell your husband that too, he's been wanting to see you since we left the garden yesterday" I blushed furiously and now only Noor was laughing, I ended the call.

I told Noor to finish getting ready. Noor wanted her wedding to be a simple as possible, she had asked me and Zainab to help her get ready, once she was done, I went to get ready and Zainab went to get Dua ready.

Once we were making our way to the wedding hall, Dua had started crying so I had volunteered to hold her. She and I get along well.

We were at the wedding hall, and Shehryar and his family had arrived a few minutes before us. Khala ami and Zainab helped Noor om the stage, while I stayed back and held Dua. Dua started giggling "what's wrong my doll, why are yu laughing?" "Sher khalo is here" "yes he is" I heard Shehryar's deep voice, he looked so handsome and fresh, he had a white salwar kameez and a mint green vaste coat on top, we were matching again, "how are we matching again" the question slipped put my mouth "because I asked my sister in law" it made sense now, when I heard Noor say mint green.

Me and Shehryar were talking with Dua when mama called me to introduce me to people, I handed Dua to Shehryar and went over, mama had introduced me to some aunties who lived in her neighborhood, they eyed me like I was some type of food, "wow mashallah, she looks so pretty and beautiful" "what are you studying beta" "beta you are quite skinny" here ae the brown aunty questions, I excused myself and tried to get away, I saw Shehryar and Dua playing together, they looked so cute, he'll be  great father, I smiled like an idiot, thinking abd staring at them, as I was making way over to them I was stopped by another aunty "aslam beta" "Walikum slam aunty" "beta, you don't look engaged yet  have you met my son, he owns his own shoe shop" "um that's nice aunty but actu- "no buts my dear, let me introduce you to-" "oh there you are my dear" wait isn't the Shehryar's voice, Shehryar was now standing between me and the aunty "look dear, our daughter was missing you" I eyed him confused "oh sorry dear, you look so young to be married and have a daughter" "say mashallah aunty, we have a small loving family" Shehryar remarked. The aunty left with her son. "Our daughter?" I looked at Shehryar. "Well um if you think about it, you and her mom are very close and um-, you know what I mean" "yea I understand" I chuckled at a frustrated Shehryar.

- Shehryar -
The night turned young and it was time for departure, Mahid bhai drove Zaid, Noor and Khadija khala in one car, while me and Romessa were in one car. The journey was silent, mostly likely because Romessa had fallen asleep the second she entered the car and turned on the AC, this girl still isn't used to the heat here. We had left a while after the rest because  Romessa had to get her bag of things. We arrived home, I gently tapped her shoulder "Romessa we're home" she was half asleep but she managed to bring herself to our room.

As soon as she entered our room she went straight to bed. I tried waking her up again and telling her to change, but she denied like a little child, I manged to open her luggage and find a pair of t shirt and yoga pants in her bag, I manged to finally wake her up and told her to change. Once she changed and came outside, I helped her take off her jewelry and undo her hair and then headed to the bathroom. When I came back, she was in deep sleep. Sliding into bed, having her in my arms made this night's sleep much better.

-The next day-
More like Fajr, I had felt a constant tapping on my shoulder, I kept shrugging it off but no it wouldn't stop, eventually ignoring it the tapping stopped, until I felt cold water splash on me "WhA-" "good morning, time for Fajr" it was no other than Romessa, innocently standing with a jug in her hand. "What was that for?" "No time for chitchat, you have 30 minutes before Fajr time ends, hurry up" "I decided I can't argue with her, and got up to pray. When I was done Fajr, Romessa was already done getting ready for the morning, she was wearing a blue printed salwar and kameez suit, she had her hair tied back ans her dupatta loosely wrapped her head. It was our first day, that Romessa had officially came home, and I can finally give her the watch I had bought. I had bought it even before we even got married.

When I entered the room after getting dressed for the day, Romessa had already left downstairs. I arrived in the dining room, everyone was eating except Romessa, "finally you are here Shehryar beta, Romessa said she wasn't going to eat until you didn't come, no matter how much we tried convincing her" Khala said. I chuckled at her behavior and went and sat beside her, while Kaif was passing us plates, I leaned into Romessa's ear "thanks for waiting for me" she blushed ans nodded. I loved you she smiled and blushed.

We had our breakfast, khala told us that Romessa and Noor's family will be coming over the evening. Hearing this the girls got excited and started planning dishes with Khala leaving me and Zaid out. Zaid made a pouty face and I just sighed and rubbed his back. Since all the ladies were busy with the arrival of our guests, me and Zaid decided to get some of work done, since we had taken a few days off now and had to go to work tomorrow.

It was almost 4 in the evening when we heard a knock on the door, "come in" Noor quietly entered, "bhai, Zaid, mama and everyone else is here" so we finished our work there and came downstairs. Romessa was hugging her sisters and introducing them to Kaif, while khala was talking to Nadia aunty and Uzma aunty.

Ater our many chatting and talking, the ladies served dinner, Noor had made pasta and kebabs while Romessa had made biryani and keer. All the food was taste.

As the girls were cleaning up, Zaid, Haadir and Dua were playing cricket, I was watching from aside until all the girls had joined, Noor Romessa, and Ameerah, Ayesha and even Kaif. "We need one more person" Haadir said, Zaid pointed at me "how about Shehryar bhai" I was about to deny when "please play with us Shehryar" Romessa asked. I can't say no to her, "let's play"

The evening was one which all enjoyed, all the young playing and laughing, while the elderly enjoyed talking and watching their offspring play. It was truly a beautiful moment for them.

A/N: ah, such a happy ending to the chapter, but I wonder how long this happiness will stay for? 🤔