Seven

Cordelia's POV

Looking outside my window, I smile at seeing the rainbow shining through the rain. Mommy enters my room and sees the smile on my face, which makes her smile. 

"You're already ready to head to Addison's." Mommy states with a smile while going to make my bed. Callie looked at my broken arm yesterday and said that I had broken it again, so she fixed it and put a rainbow coloured cast on my arm.

"So you're still not going to tell me why your grandmother's tapes are at Addison's? Because she won't say anything." Mommy says and I shake my head in response before grabbing my things and we headed downstairs.

"It is a surprise Mommy! If I told you, then it would ruin the whole surprise." I signed to Mommy when I see Izzie walking around in her underwear.

"Coffee? Hot chocolate?" Izzie asks us and I shake my head before hearing Addison's car horn. Running outside, I see Addison waiting by her car for me with a smile on her face and I run over to her.

"Hi there angel." Addison said before I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"The tapes are done converting to DVDs. We just have to make sure they work properly first." Addison said and I couldn't help but smile.

                                                     ***********************

Meredith's POV

George, Izzie and I get out of my Jeep before we started walking towards the hospital.

"You don't understand. Me gonads, you ovaries." George says, referring to Izzie's little show this morning.

"Oh, that reminds me. We are out of tampons. Can you add it to your list, please?" Izzie tells George when we entered the hospital.

"You're parading through the bathroom in your underwear when I'm naked in the shower. I'm sure Cordelia didn't like seeing that as well." George tells Izzie.

"That is true George and I'll just ask my friend to pick some up for later. She's just watching Cordelia to give her a break from this environment."

"Why isn't Cordy in school?" Izzie asks me as we kept walking to the locker room.

"She's doing homeschooling with an extremely qualified teacher because she's not comfortable leaving me. Also don't call her Cordy." We arrived at the locker room and started to change into our scrubs. Dr. Bailey enters the locker room with a tough look on her face, but I could see that her eyes had softened when looking at me.

"You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up." Dr. Bailey explains when Alex entered the locker room, earning himself a glare from Dr. Bailey.

"You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell you're attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there. I want pre-rounds done at 5:30 am." Dr. Bailey says before Cristina and I walked out of the locker room together.

"I'd better get good patients today. Yesterday I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every 15 minutes."

"Normally I'd be on your ass for asking me, but I know you and baby Grey have been through hell. So if I get a surgery today, I'll ask for you to scrub in with me." Cristina says with a fond smile on her face at the mention of Cordelia.

"Thank you Cristina and I'll return the favour. You really care about Cordelia."

"She reminds me of myself when I was younger. I was gifted but had difficulties at times and was always quiet. With Cordelia, I know it's due to her abuse and autism, for me I was just incredibly shy. My experiences hardened me but Cordelia still has that sparkle of innocence in her eyes." Cristina says and I nodded in agreement.

"She certainly does."

                                               ************************

Addison's POV

"Thanks love." Alice says when I handed her a cup of tea and Cordelia a bottle of apple juice. Cordelia put her pencil down and took a drink from her juice.

"Not a problem Alice. Thanks for helping us with this project. Cordelia said that you were great with electronics and we couldn't have done it without you."

"I appreciate that Addison but you would have found a way. Honestly, I'm only good at these things because in the foster care system I had to repair a ton of electronic equipment." Alice stated before drinking her tea.

"W-Where i-is y-your m-mommy A-Alice?" Cordelia stuttered and while Alice's eyes widened with shock, the rest of her expression didn't change.

"Well Cordelia, my mommy and twin brother went to heaven when I was born. My father gave me up because he couldn't take care of me on his own, but he made sure I was taken care of financially." Alice explained to Cordelia who looked back down at her feet.

"S-Sorry i-if I-I h-hurt y-you A-Alice." Cordelia stuttered with tears in her eyes. Alice got up and bent down to Cordelia's level.

"You haven't done anything wrong Cordelia. Love, you are allowed to ask me anything and while I may not be able to answer at times, I won't ever get mad. Sometimes I may not know the answer and sometimes I just don't feel comfortable answering them, but I'll always let you know. Now let's dry those beautiful eyes." Alice says before wiping the tears out of Cordelia's eyes.

"Does Meredith know about this?"

"Yes Meredith knows because I told her when she interviewed me. I have my PhDs in child psychiatry, education and social work. But most of my experiences were when I was in the system caring for my younger foster siblings." Alice explained before sitting back on the couch.

"How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?" Alice chuckles before responding.

"Twenty-two love. I skipped two grades and did a lot of summer school. I don't let this little love call me Miss Stone because it makes me feel extremely old." Alice says and Cordelia nodded in agreement.