Thirty-Five

Cordelia's POV

Mama was putting the turkey in the oven while I was helping Auntie Callie make the stuffing. Mommy was working a half day at the hospital today, but she promised to bring desserts home. Auntie Arizona wheeled herself into the kitchen using her Heelys with a smile on her face. Auntie Amelia and Uncle Mark were in the living room with Cristina and Preston. George already went out to hunt turkeys with his father and brothers, but promised to return in time for dinner. The doorbell rings and I hear Auntie Amelia run to the door to answer it, causing Doc to stand by my feet. Doc placed his head on my right hand and I immediately petted him. Auntie Lexie, Auntie Molly and Uncle Eric entered the kitchen with Grandpa and his wife Susan, who I'm calling Grandma.

"This is your granddaughter Cordelia, her other mother Addison Montgomery and our friends Arizona Robbins and Callie Torres. This is my sister Molly, her husband Eric and my parents Thatcher and Susan Grey." Auntie Lexie says, introducing us to one another.

"It's lovely to finally meet you Cordelia." Grandpa says with tears in his blue eyes.

"It is nice to meet you too." I signed to everyone, not letting anyone close to me. Two more men entered the kitchen and Mama walked over to me, sensing that it was becoming too much.

"Cordelia, this is my father Adam Montgomery and my brother Archer Forbes Montgomery." Mama says and I waved.

"How about we go show Molly and mom your room?" Auntie Lexie suggested before the four of us exited the kitchen.

                                         *******************

Lexie's POV

"I've met Matthew once and he seemed off. But now knowing what he's done to Cordelia, I'm glad I didn't have him around you girls." Mom tells me while we watched Cordelia snuggle up with Doc. Molly went back downstairs to be with Eric and to get something to eat.

"How does someone so innocent come from someone so evil?"

"I have no idea Alexandra. Your father feels guilty for leaving Meredith and Matthew behind, thinking that if he didn't that Matthew would have been good." Mom tells me with tears in her eyes.

"Meredith told me that he was always like that and that Ellis tried to get him help, but he didn't want it." Cordelia walks over to us and hugs mom.

"None of what happened to you was your fault sweetheart. I hope you understand that." Mom tells Cordelia before hugging her back.

"I know Grandma. But it is not yours or Grandpa's fault either." Cordelia signed to mom.

"She's right Mom." Mom chuckles before kissing Cordelia's temple.

"I know but as a mother it breaks my heart that she went through all that." Mom tells me.

"It breaks my heart too Mom."